One Little... Two Little...

FooserPaul

May 9, 2008
Somewhere in CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Hello ALL!

Today started off pretty strange in SE Connecticut... 63 and snow still on the ground....

You had to pick your spots as you can see...

right.jpg

left.jpg

I tried to hit a few sposts that I got silver in February... but they either still had snow or were soaked from the fast melting snow...

So I headed to a spot that I dug 3 Indian Head pennies at last year... 1887, 1887 and 1883... I'd been back there 3 times after that last year and only dug a few wheaties... I know there has to be some more goodies there...

I arrived and it was clear and dry :-)

total.jpg

I'd sssn lots of these dug.. an I finally got one... what decade where they from??

merrywidow.jpg

I got a '56D wheatie...

56d.jpg

Then a nice deep signal... I was hoping dime... and silver... but I'll take an Injun any day... 1886

1886ihF.jpg

1886ihB.jpg

The 2nd was 10 feet away and popped 10 minutes after the 1st... 1883

1883inF.jpg

1883inB.jpg

They have pretty typical New England corrossion :-( but the dates are readable...

This gives me 3 IH's for the year as I dug a 1898 2 weeks ago...

Thanks for looking...
Paul

Upvote 0

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Hey, you are doing great, I'm lucky to get two Wheaties let alone two Indians. The closest I have came this year is two arrow heads.

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. That condom tin is from the 20's or 30's I believe. Someone else found one on here last year.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice IH's Paul. I didn't get out today up here in NE CT, but I went around and stuck a knife in the ground all over the yard at work. Shaded spots still frozen about an inch or two down, but the sunny spots went 6 or 7 inches. Time to get out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread