The Three Amigos, and YES, more displays!!! :-)

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday, I had the privilege of detecting with two other TN members. Mirage (Bob), who traveled down from Ohio with his wife to enjoy a weekend of this wonderful NC weather, and of course my company. :tongue3: DD-777 (Andy) also drove over to hunt with us.
Poor Andy got so sunburned that he looked like a tick ready to pop! ;D We hit two Colonial properties, and two old houses in town. It was a bit of a rush hunting though, because I wanted them to have a shot at each spot. Unfortunately, the finds were minimal, but the fun was something I'll cherish. Thanks guys!
The highlight of my finds was a 1906 IH and six wheats (oldest was a 1918).
Whoopie!!! :occasion18: :occasion14: :smileinbox:

I just finished up two more displays that will be put up at the one Colonial property I detect at.

The bottles some of you may recall were dug up by NC Joe a few weeks back at the Colonial house. He was generous enough to donate them to the owner. I filled them with different colored dyed water to set them off, sealed them, and then glued them in place onto a rustic display shelf I made out of old wood. I threw a few skeleton keys in too for that old effect.

The rusty farm relics I brushed off a bit, sprayed them with a stop-rust spray, and nailed them in place onto a weathered piece of wood.
I think they look great grouped together. :thumbsup:

Have a great week,
MM

Attachments

• MVC-029S.JPG
    MVC-029S.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 847
  • MVC-027S.JPG
    MVC-027S.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 820
  • MVC-026S.JPG
    MVC-026S.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 837
  • MVC-038S.JPG
    MVC-038S.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 821
  • MVC-035S.JPG
    MVC-035S.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 835
  • MVC-033S.JPG
    MVC-033S.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 831
  • MVC-032S.JPG
    MVC-032S.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 831
  • MVC-031S.JPG
    MVC-031S.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 838
  • MVC-030S.JPG
    MVC-030S.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 835
Upvote 0

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad you guys had a goodtime Doug. You got a pic of Andy's face at the Mexican restaurant :D

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool displays....Matt

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrat's on the 06' IH Doug,pretty sweet....Killer display's also,I know you put alot of time and energy into those thing's and it show's.Hat's off to you Brother :thumbsup: I'm sure they're very well appreciated. HH!!

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cwdigger said:
Glad you guys had a goodtime Doug. You got a pic of Andy's face at the Mexican restaurant :D

Matt,
I am SO glad you reminded me about that. Here is the picture from my cell phone.
Doesn't Andy look like he's having a wonderful time? :tongue3: I told the waiters that it was Andy's birthday. :thumbsup:
Ha, ha, ha.
-MM-

Attachments

• MVC-039S.JPG
    MVC-039S.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 794

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice finds and displays MM. That engraved local spoon is special. WTG and glad you guys had fun. HH.

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ModernMiner said:
cwdigger said:

Matt,
I am SO glad you reminded me about that. Here is the picture from my cell phone.
Doesn't Andy look like he's having a wonderful time? :tongue3: I told the waiters that it was Andy's birthday. :thumbsup:
Ha, ha, ha.
-MM-

look at that face looks like he is having an awsome time, LMAO :D

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Great post,MM.Terrific finds and it looks like all were enjoy the outing.It was nice you guys all got together.Display is fantastic. :thumbsup:

Golden1

Bronze Member
May 2, 2008
Pittsfield ma
Detector(s) used
Whites PRIZM IV,Whites M-6
Congrats to you MM!!!!!!!! Your displays are outstanding :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The weathered barn board is a excellent choice :wink:

Thanks for posting that

G1

S

seger98

Nice finds Doug, that display with the bottles is awesome, nice job on that one. I like the other one too, gives me something to do with the old iron finds that I have. Did you get that other Indian Head back yet that you sent out to get graded?

Chris

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
***THANKS EVERYONE***
I know my finds weren't too great, but it was a lot of fun to hang out with those two clowns. I even bought them lunch at a fancy restaraunt too. ;D :wink: Not prime rib and lobster, but close. :tongue3:

seger98 said:
Nice finds Doug, that display with the bottles is awesome, nice job on that one. I like the other one too, gives me something to do with the old iron finds that I have. Did you get that other Indian Head back yet that you sent out to get graded?
Chris

Chris,
The 1864 IH grading is a sore subject. I sent it off, spent $58 total, waited three weeks, and got it back unslabbed & graded as "N8".
What is "N8" I asked. :icon_scratch: They said it has "active corrosion". Unbelievable!!! When I got the coin back I soaked it in distilled water for a day, then cleaned it lightly with a Q-tip. This coin looks better than any IH I have, so the "active corrosion" has me puzzled. ???
Never again will I be sending a coin in to those guys. It was a waste of time & money.
I put it in a new flip, labeled it, and now it sits in my collection. ;D :thumbsup: This is a rare coin to me, and one I won't part with.
-Doug-

S

seger98

Wow Doug that sucks big time, sorry I brought it up, I didn't know.. It's still an awesome coin!

Chris

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seger98 said:
Wow Doug that sucks big time, sorry I brought it up, I didn't know.. It's still an awesome coin!

Chris

Chris,
No problem. I learned my lesson on that deal. :wink:
The bad part is that was $58 I could have used on my Wisconsin trip for bait & brews. :thumbsup:
-Doug-

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
ModernMiner said:
cwdigger said:

Matt,
Ha, ha, ha.
-MM-

HAHAHAHAHAHA! What a joker! Just remember homeslice - payback's a "beetch"... :violent1:

It was a great day regardless of the finds. I was happy just diggin' the squirrel... ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread