"Standard Treble Gilt" button found in friends back yard.

Elad

Apr 23, 2008
MA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• dard_treble_gilt1.jpg
    dard_treble_gilt1.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 621
  • dard_treble_gilt2.jpg
    dard_treble_gilt2.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 737
  • dard_treble_gilt3.jpg
    dard_treble_gilt3.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 582
Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Dard Treble Gilt button (?)

Please see my post in the cleaning and preservation section on "how to clean buttons."  Your question about the meaning of the backmark will be answered there ("Standard Treble Gilt"), plus perhaps some more information you can use.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Dard Treble Gilt button (?)

Nice going on the button! That is a beauty. My estimate would be 1820-1865.

Congrats!

OP
OP
Elad

Elad

Apr 23, 2008
MA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: "Standard Treble Gilt" button found in friends back yard.

I went back to the same spot today for about 30 minutes without much luck. Finding this button in my friends yard was rather strange because everything else I found was modern, including a 1935 spoon. I need a coil that will go deeper perhaps. ???

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

Elad said:
I went back to the same spot today for about 30 minutes without much luck. Finding this button in my friends yard was rather strange because everything else I found was modern, including a 1935 spoon. I need a coil that will go deeper perhaps. ???

I always the posts with people who think their machines aren't getting the really deep targets. Most of my coins have been found in the 4-8 inch range with the stock coil. The Ace 250 will go plenty deep. The real advantage to the bigger coil is the ability to cover more ground with each sweep. The disadvantage is that with the bigger coil you lose sensitivity to tiny items. You run the risk of missing smaller items like small buttons.

If I were to invest in a second coil, it would more likely be a sniper or a small DD type of coil. These give the ability to see between the trashy signals. You may even lose a little depth, but you will find smaller jewelry and buttons that you missed with the bigger coil.

Just my opinion!

OP
OP
Elad

Elad

Apr 23, 2008
MA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Neil in West Jersey said:
Elad said:

I always the posts with people who think their machines aren't getting the really deep targets. Most of my coins have been found in the 4-8 inch range with the stock coil. The Ace 250 will go plenty deep. The real advantage to the bigger coil is the ability to cover more ground with each sweep. The disadvantage is that with the bigger coil you lose sensitivity to tiny items. You run the risk of missing smaller items like small buttons.

If I were to invest in a second coil, it would more likely be a sniper or a small DD type of coil. These give the ability to see between the trashy signals. You may even lose a little depth, but you will find smaller jewelry and buttons that you missed with the bigger coil.

Just my opinion!

Thanks for the advice... I will probably get another coil next month sometime. I wonder which to get....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions