First day out with the DFX

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As for the DFX. I like it, I like it a lot.
A friend and I went down to a racetrack parking lot it's a huge field.
I set the DFX on the preprogramed coin mode.
I went nice and slow just listening to the tone. I got plenty of practice with the pippointing.
As this place is pull tab heaven. It seems that preset coin mode is more like a low power all metal mode.
I already have big plains for this detector. I tried not to tinker with too many of the setting just yet,
I want to get the basics down first. I can see this detector and myself getting along real well.
All in all I dug about 20 coins in an hour or so. The oldest was a 1959 penny.
I aslo dug a 1964 nickel and a 1965 dime that were stuck together. I can't wait to turn the power up.

Thanks for looking.

Upvote 0

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool. I glad your satisfied with it. There are alot of things I dislike, but I hate it when someone buys a detector their not happy with. Best of luck and show dem' goodies! HH! Chris

R

rvbvetter

If you make adjustments and get confused, just turn it off and back on and don't pull the toggle. And it'll reset it self back to the basic program.
Congrats!! HH

Crutch

Sep 1, 2005
Springfield Tennessee
Detector(s) used
DFX / Eagle II SL 90
Happy for yah!

I hope you find a nice, clean, old place to really have some fun in soon.

Good luck tomorrow and "SHOW ME THE MONEY"

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think you'll love it. My whites dealer said it was the same as my Prizm only with all the bells and whistles. I happen to like all the bells and whistles! ;)

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Yeah, I think you will be happy with it. I have a DFX and a Classic 3. It is a bit heavier than the other "lesser" models but you can build up your arm strength. ;)
Be patient and work with one progam for a while. It takes some time to learn the different programs. Now we expect BIG things from you. ;D

Bob

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
So you finally got your DFX. Congrats and the best of luck with your new detector.

GL & HH,

DugHoles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread