Worst Day Ever

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
Yea, So I was out detecting my friends yard. I had just boughten a coffee and I pulled up into his drive way. So I get out set my coffee and 300 dollar sony cyber shot digital camera on the hood of my car. He yells for me to come around to the back of his house. So not thinking about it I left the camera and my coffee on the hood. We were back there maybe 15 minutes... come back... and you guessed it.... the camera is gone. Yea someone stole it. I have had it for less than one week! gah... and to top it off they spilt my french vanilla coffee! Those JERKS! Eh... I guess they needed it more than I did. I found a few coins the oldest being 1959... but the 1.27 cents in clad isn't going to pay for a new camera... :'(

HH

Steven

Upvote 0

Andee

Sep 12, 2005
Clarence, NY
That's horrible Johnny X, I feel very bad for you. If I were you I would be crying my eyes out and feel worried and stressed out for a few months A very similar thing happened to my dad. I was 8 years old and I was taking pictures with his $200 camera and I accidentally left it on the back bumper. He only had it for a few months. I felt pretty bad.

Another time my $100 microscope fell off the table after a few months. It still works, but not as good as it used to and the top comes off whenever you touch it. That got me pretty stressed out.

Sometimes these things just happen..

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not long a go I was in a not too savory neighborhood and was using my ACE with the 4 1/2" coil to? run along some sidewalks.? My almost new GTI 2500 was in the cab of my pickup.? I was out of sight of the truck for several minutes and when I came back I discovered I had left a door unlocked!? I nearly had the big one until I discovered my 2500 was still in the cab of my truck!? Then I realized I had probably witnessed a miracle!? I swear I could hear a heavenly chorus somewhere in the distance!? Monty

F

fishercz20

This just shows you how important it is to return class rings and such, because we know how that person must feel and it helps keep our hobby alive and well.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well what comes to mind is set them up for another"borrowing" then when they come to snatch your stuff..well you fill in the blanks....maybe even get your other camera back if you play" hard candy" with them..... >:(

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
I'm really sorry this happened to you. Maybe we can all donate some good kharma your way! Don't forget to call the credit card company if that's how you paid!

vicki

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the feeling,

lost my $180.00 water hunting scoop to some punks over the summer while I stepped into the bath house for a moment to take care of biz,

didn't want to take IT and the detector in with me while dealing with a wetsuit & having to do my biz, and thought it would be OK for a few minutes

nope,

came out and it was gone...

They'll all get what they deserve- sooner or later,

hh

lonewolfe

OP
OP
Johnny X

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
"They'll All Get What They Deserve"

AMEN TO THAT Lonewolf!

Thanks for the posts guys..

Happy Hunting!

Steven

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Sorry for the loss. Thats just terrible. Definately get a hold of your credit card company and see if they will replace it.

GL & HH,

DugHoles

Maggie from Indiana

Aug 30, 2005
Hey I would do what dekalb33 suggested, set them up. There is no way they resist another camera. Hide a video camera in a bush or something. And then snap youve got your snap happy thief.

MAGGIE

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about the camera Johnny. Good luck in recovering your loss. Lonewolf is right: What comes around, goes around, they get theirs sooner or later! Keep your chin up, and get back out there and find a diamond ring worth a few cameras!!

Calico Jack

Sep 20, 2005
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Maggie from Indiana said:
Hey I would do what dekalb33 suggested, set them up. There is no way they resist another camera. Hide a video camera in a bush or something. And then snap youve got your snap happy thief.

Not a bad idea, but it would be tough to prove it was the same thief. Plus, by the time one submits the video to police, identifies the suspect, and gets a warrant to search his/her residence for stolen property, that bait camera is likely long gone.

This would really only work if there is a team of trained folks ready to spring out of the woodwork on the suspect. I would hate to see someone lose another camera.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread