Brothers Fall Hunt Day 3

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Very short day today due to the rain. It was very heavy this morning, but we got out between 2:00 and 4:00 when it was just drizzling. Went to a field by the 1780 house in Greenbanks Hollow. I found a 1798 large cent and a really bent crotal bell, Rick found a really nice Boot toe plate and a suspender clip, and then the rains came down again. Hopefully we will be able to get back out there tomorrow after church. The owner was just telling us about two cellar holes a little further back on his property. More tomorrow....Lance and Rick

Attachments

• Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 053.jpg
    Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 053.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 356
  • Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 057.jpg
    Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 057.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 348
Upvote 0
M

mchamby

Hi, I'm glad to hear you were able to get out for a bit, by the radar tonight it looks like the rain band is south of you so maybe better digs tommorrow, it sure has put stop to my plans for mding Sunday. I have a question I don't know the value of coins but would the cookie coin experiment do anything for you nice coin you found or is it too valuable as is? Wishing you good weather for tomorrow.
Mchamby :)

OP
OP
comfyinvermont

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
mchamby said:
Hi, I'm glad to hear you were able to get out for a bit, by the radar tonight it looks like the rain band is south of you so maybe better digs tommorrow, it sure has put stop to my plans for mding Sunday. I have a question I don't know the value of coins but would the cookie coin experiment do anything for you nice coin you found or is it too valuable as is? Wishing you good weather for tomorrow.
Mchamby :)
Hey M. No, this is as good as it is going to get. This one is pourous due to being in a field where they used fertilizer. Using electrolysis or anything else would just take away from the value. Thanks for asking...Lance

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Comfy,

nice coin, nice artifacts, as you usually do.

Hope the weather gets better for you and your bro.

Post more of those beautiful countryside photos. Gods country.

you and yours have a good un
Shermanville Illinois

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice you two!

Waiting on tomorrows great finds!

Nana ;)

DetectoDude

May 2, 2004
So. Ca.
I just wanted to write in and say that Lance and I are having a wonderful time even with the rain. I asked Lance if he ever goes out in the rain detecting like we did today, his reply was, only when you are here! Well isn't that nice? What a great brother, the only thing is he is kicking my butt on finds!!! I have to get out there tomorrow rain or shine and do myself justice, this guy is good!!! Stay tuned.

R

rvbvetter

Fantastic finds!!! Good luck with the cellar holes. WTG!!! HH

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Large Cent Lance ;

CONGRATS !

JEFF

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds !It has to stop raining sometime. :)

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Getting out and hunting in the rain shows your dedication to the hobby.
Finding that Large Cent and artifacts made it all worthwhile I'm sure.
Good luck to you on those cellar holes.Thanks again for the great posts.
HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread