CW Bullets, Wheats, Indian, Buffalo, flat button, Eagle button and whatsits

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
This is a combination of three hunts. I have been in sort of a slump, I've gotta get somemore sites that are producing. The CW bullets came from a trashy camp with alot of modern trash. I just had to focus on the deep solid signals regardless of their VDI and managed to dig six deep bullets beneath the modern trash. I found a neat whatsit that looks like a square nail with a decorative brass head that almost looks like a flower button this is definately a first for me if anyone has any idea what it might be let me know. I dug the Eagle button earlier today and it fell apart in my hand OH WELL. I can't make out the date on the Indianhead, the Buffalo has a sharp date 1926 and one wheat I found is in great condition for our soil, it is a 1920 s. I also got the large pewter grommet this is a first for me also all the ones I've found in the past are brass. It felt good to get out a bit between the rain that has plagued us for the last few days. I hope tommorrow is sunny. I've spotted a new housesite I wanna try to get permission to hunt.

Later,
John

Attachments

• IMG_1645_1.JPG
    IMG_1645_1.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 509
  • IMG_1648_1.JPG
    IMG_1648_1.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 502
  • IMG_1657.JPG
    IMG_1657.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 513
  • IMG_1656.JPG
    IMG_1656.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 491
  • IMG_1651_1.JPG
    IMG_1651_1.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 500
  • IMG_1655_1.JPG
    IMG_1655_1.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 488
  • IMG_1663.JPG
    IMG_1663.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 513
Upvote 0

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice Finds John.My guess on the whatsit is a large "carpet tack" that would have secured leather to an old piece of furniture, trunk, or carpet bag. HH.

OP
OP
john37115

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
Dman said:
Looks like some good finds. Way to go.
Thanks Doug

VOL1266-X said:
Nice Finds John.My guess on the whatsit is a large "carpet tack" that would have secured leather to an old piece of furniture, trunk, or carpet bag. HH.

I bet your right that never crossed my mind.

Thanks John & Nick

72 Cheyenne I've owned a few of those old chevy trucks LOL Great ol trucks.
I was using the Etrac and F75 for most of the finds and my Goldscanner Pro on the flat button and Buffalo.
cwdigger said:
Nice finds keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Cw
Thanks cwdigger

Old California

Jul 16, 2006
Central California
Hi John,

Good to see you still get out and metal detect, Those are a nice section of good finds.

I've seen a couple of those square nail decorative pieces before but never new what they were, Maybe something pressed into wood?

Sounds like the area you dug those deep solid signals (bullets) beneath the trash may produce more finds, Continue to hit it again and you may pull our an old coin or two.

Take care John and God bless,

Paul (Ca)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Neat find's John.....too bad about the Eagle.Sound's like you're approaching this the right way,deeper +'s regardless the VDI.Great find's and Congrat's to ya.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The whatzit with the nail goes into the end of a whip used in Horse riding ie. a crop.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread