Mini Cache or lost coin purse

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Went back to the old house that I found the Franklin Half last evening and almost immediately found a 1944 silver quarter and 1928 Wheatie.? Walked a few more feet and found an 1888 Indian head penny.? My niece Christina came by and wanted to watch me metal detect.? She had never watched anyone MDing before and wanted to know what it was like.? We went about 10 feet and I got a mixed signal.? I cut out a nice plug and Christina looked in and said she saw something.? She reached her hand in and pulled out a fistfull of coins.? I couldn't believe it.? There was a total of 13. A 1934 and 1951 silver Quarters, a 1936 Merc Dime, a 1943P silver nickel, and 1946 and 1948 nickel, and 7 wheat pennies.? The only thing that I could think of was that there must have been a purse or something that had deteriorated.? They were actually on top of each other.
Christina looked at me and said, this is really fun?? How could I not agree with that...Lance

Upvote 0

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We find that type of thing here alot at the beach. Usually someone sits down with pockets that are loose and they lay down or pull their legs up to their chest. The coins will pour out of their pocket into a spot on the grass or into the sand. I call these "honey holes". It's always fun when you scoop out multiple coins in one scoop. 8)

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG! Another possibility is that kids will bury stuff and then not be able to find it. But however they get in the ground - we sure love to find em! :)

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
WTG, Great finds!
I too recently found a small cache, $1 out of the same hole, all stacked up. all clad? :(
I remember wondering then how they got there like that. Maybe it is like you say, they used to be in a small purse or something.
[

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread