My personal best-My clubs personal best= Colonial bonanza

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
The three detectateers were itching to hit a new spot as soon as the weather got better and stayed that way. Kyle provided me with his usual top notch research and gave me the name and address. I took it from there and contacted the landowner and set up a meet and greet. The best thing about the way we detect farmfields is that for the most part farmers are the kindest and most gracious people that you will ever contact. The owner said "Sure , any time " Off we went. Let me begin by saying that a Captain in the Continental Army resided at this residence. The revolutionary war is highest on our search priority. We weren't swinging for more than 20 minutes and bam a nice reading 6 inches deep. SILVER,SPANISH and 1 REALE. Later on after cleaning it was revealed to be a 1752 1 Reale in good condition. My personal oldest silver coin. 5 minutes later and a nice KGIII 1778 Copper. The nicest shape one I ever found. 3 minutes later another KGIII copper. Kirk yelled out soon after that "KGIII Copper. WOW what a site. Soon after that another KGIII copper for me. Swinging away it did not take Kyle long to join the chorus with "Spanish half Real" He determined later to be in perfect shape and 1781. We were soon singing with colonial endorphines. I said to the guys that right then I could bench 500 Lbs I was so psyched. My personal best is 350 max on the bench. I found a decent flat button after that. Kirk sounded off with "2 Reales" Oh My God. We couldn't believe it. It was later cleaned and revealed to be an 1810 2 Reales. Kyle then found a Tomback button. I found many shot musket balls and rounded out the hunt with a beautiful but bent by the plow Revolutionary war simple military shoe buckle. After we went home I called Kyle to tell him the date of my 1 Reale when he said that Kirk found a probable silver Cob. That floored us. Our all time best day. Enjoy this post everyone. :icon_king:
Chris
PIC00012-1.jpg

PIC00009-2.jpg

PIC00014-2.jpg

Attachments

• PIC00017.jpg
    PIC00017.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 1,345
  • PIC00018.jpg
    PIC00018.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 1,347
Upvote 4
OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Captn_SE said:
Holy Cow, Chris!!

You, Kirk, and Kyle kicked some major Colonial-Style Butt yesterday!! :o :o
That is just Awesome!! What a Bonanza of coins!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I bet you guys are out there right now pounding that field again.

Congrats on your personal best!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan
Thanks Dan... As great as this site is we are itching to hit the millions of other spots that Kyle has been blubbering all winter about.
Chris

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
TEXAN Connection said:
are we gonna get to see pics of the other coins?
Since Kirk and Kyle have been permanantly banned for being non conformists i'm not sure if i'm allowed to post their pictures. They post on other forums now. Treasure nets loss. They are 2 of the greatest detectorists to have ever lived.
Chris

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
ModernMiner said:
Chris,
I think you could have bench pressed MORE than 500 lbs. with those fantastic finds. ;D
Man, what a great day for you three happy gibbons. :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king:
Congrats on your personal best. SUPER finds Chris!
-MM-
Thanks Doug...I'm dying to see your next colonial post.
Chris

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Chris on your oldest Spanish Silver! If that one KGIII is a 1778 date, which I know is hard to ever say with certainty, could you post another photo of the date area if you can get a better pic? Or email me a photo? There is always interest in a counterfeit that is not in the regal date years. Might even have a name for the variety if it is one and known.

Don

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
{Sentinel} said:
Thats what I'm talking about :thumbsup: :o Great hunt!!! Awesome Spanish Silver and colonial copper. Was Kyle and Kirk with you?
Thanks and yes they were. I don't detect without the dudes.Exept when Kirk is out on a date.
Then it's me and Kyle.
Chris

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
collector01 said:
Congrats on a awesome hunt Im glad to see you all pull some nice finds, love all the copper and a congrats on your oldest silver shes in good shape. Good luck on your next hunt hope its another best! :thumbsup:
Thanks collector01. I will remember this hunt till my dying day.
Chris

HomesteadHunter

Nov 14, 2008
Amherstburg, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75.
I'm not sure how I missed this post, but WOW.....what a day you guys had. That's pretty much what I dream about, every swing of the coil brings excitement. Sites like that are so rare and hard to find. Good thing their are guys out there like yourself who do the research and find these places. Sites like that seem to get bulldozed and built over, than they're gone forever. Great hunt, and great saves for sure.

James.
HomesteadHunter.

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
HomesteadHunter said:
I'm not sure how I missed this post, but WOW.....what a day you guys had. That's pretty much what I dream about, every swing of the coil brings excitement. Sites like that are so rare and hard to find. Good thing their are guys out there like yourself who do the research and find these places. Sites like that seem to get bulldozed and built over, than they're gone forever. Great hunt, and great saves for sure.

James.
HomesteadHunter.
Thanks H.H. You understand exactly the way we feel about this hobby. It's nice hearing from you and I hope you have similar results the next time you detect.
Chris

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a site that I dream about finding, or at least fantasize about. Keep us informed!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread