My personal best-My clubs personal best= Colonial bonanza

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
The three detectateers were itching to hit a new spot as soon as the weather got better and stayed that way. Kyle provided me with his usual top notch research and gave me the name and address. I took it from there and contacted the landowner and set up a meet and greet. The best thing about the way we detect farmfields is that for the most part farmers are the kindest and most gracious people that you will ever contact. The owner said "Sure , any time " Off we went. Let me begin by saying that a Captain in the Continental Army resided at this residence. The revolutionary war is highest on our search priority. We weren't swinging for more than 20 minutes and bam a nice reading 6 inches deep. SILVER,SPANISH and 1 REALE. Later on after cleaning it was revealed to be a 1752 1 Reale in good condition. My personal oldest silver coin. 5 minutes later and a nice KGIII 1778 Copper. The nicest shape one I ever found. 3 minutes later another KGIII copper. Kirk yelled out soon after that "KGIII Copper. WOW what a site. Soon after that another KGIII copper for me. Swinging away it did not take Kyle long to join the chorus with "Spanish half Real" He determined later to be in perfect shape and 1781. We were soon singing with colonial endorphines. I said to the guys that right then I could bench 500 Lbs I was so psyched. My personal best is 350 max on the bench. I found a decent flat button after that. Kirk sounded off with "2 Reales" Oh My God. We couldn't believe it. It was later cleaned and revealed to be an 1810 2 Reales. Kyle then found a Tomback button. I found many shot musket balls and rounded out the hunt with a beautiful but bent by the plow Revolutionary war simple military shoe buckle. After we went home I called Kyle to tell him the date of my 1 Reale when he said that Kirk found a probable silver Cob. That floored us. Our all time best day. Enjoy this post everyone. :icon_king:
Chris
PIC00012-1.jpg

PIC00009-2.jpg

PIC00014-2.jpg

Attachments

• PIC00017.jpg
    PIC00017.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 1,345
  • PIC00018.jpg
    PIC00018.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 1,347
Upvote 4

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
A dream hunt to be sure!
Baggins

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like a great day to me. Love the silver.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Those are some great finds guys.

Pa has some great sites to offer. I am getting more interested now in older finds. We have alot of history and old homesteads and cabin sites around.

I bet you guys are gonna find some more at that place. Great early site to hunt.

HH Jer

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Lord, that's a Spanish Silver Bonanza! Nice work on the excellent coins, Zeus--and great job on getting the Green Flag. Congrats to Kyle on the research.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
Man you guys did great today,tell kirk and kyle relicdude likes the finds,you can see the file marks on that old buckle ..And the spanish reale is to die for .....lemony snickett :tongue3: ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :icon_pirat: :icon_study: :icon_scratch: :icon_profileright: :icon_profileleft: :-* :-* ::) :-X ;D :D

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey CCZ !!!

Dude way ta go !! Kyle comes thru again with the PA colonial vanished homested except for the hidden coppas & Spanish wilvers !
Positively AMAZING ! :headbang: ! Virgin site no doubt and you've only scratched the surface :munky2:

Can ya add photos of Kirk & Kyles digs ? I'd love to see that cob !

Derek :thumbsup:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice!

The bottom right is a counterfeit :thumbsup:

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
wow what a hunt!! i bet you theres many good things at that site and you will be posting alot of stuff. super congrats. willy.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Big Congrat's to ya Chris....Helluva Hunt :thumbsup:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great research, awesome hunt, congrat's to all on the great finds. :thumbsup:

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Holy Cow, Chris!!

You, Kirk, and Kyle kicked some major Colonial-Style Butt yesterday!! :o :o
That is just Awesome!! What a Bonanza of coins!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I bet you guys are out there right now pounding that field again.

Congrats on your personal best!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread