10/9/05 FINDS

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
Well, finally talked my hubby into taking us to the beach. I wanted to detect there because it's a little easier than digging dirt. Boy! What a mistake! We were only there for a couple of hours and I found: 15 beer bottle caps; 1 large twist tie; 3 pull tabs; 1 pair sunglasses; can slaw; 1 teeny tiny nail; a cache of about 8 buried soda cans; a ball of tin foil; and 1 1963 nickel! I had such high hopes.....oh, well. Better days are ahead!

vicki

Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
:'(
Vic,

sounds like one of those days. I would just call it a bit of a slump.

Better luck sure to come.

have a good un.............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

:-[ :-[ :-[

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Vickie :'(

Sorry you didn't find many keepers.... :P

But....on the bright side.....YOU GOT TO VISIT THE BEACH!!! 8)

Nana ;)

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho
Sorry to hear that Vic ? you could always start collecting aluminum cans for recycling. Did you try detecting along the beach when the tide was low? I am betting that there wouldn?t be as many caches of aluminum -- Just a guess though I have never detected a beach.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Sorry about your luck... It is a shame there is so much trash, on a beach, or at the parks, very dangerous for all the little feet roaming around... Better luck next time, & Happy hunting~

OP
OP
vic910

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
Thanks for the sympathy guys! My main purpose in posting was to show the newbies that everyone digs crap and that the great finds are truely an event.

I did try to detect the high water line to the water, but the shells were so broken up and sharp, my poor tootsies wouldn't take it. It was too far back to where my flip flops were. I rarely get to detect the beach so I'm sure my technique was sorely lacking.

vicki

Mike in Fla.

Sep 4, 2005
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Quattro, Minelab Exp. II, Garrett Ace 250, GTXA 1000,
I have had the same luck on a few occaisions, there there have been very good times. It is just "hit or miss" You will do better next time. You need to get you some beach booties, I don't ever go to the beach without them....I must have tender feet.

Mike

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like most of my hunts! However good things come to those who wait!

Keep @ it and HH!!

OP
OP
vic910

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
Mike in Fla - Boy! I must have had a "senior moment"------------I've got beach booties and didn't even think of them! "DOH!!" as Homer Simpson would say. You can bet I'll remember them next time. Thanks for reminding me!

vicki

jreamy4

Oct 6, 2005
South Carolina
My wife gets mad at me for detecting on the beach.......she says it makes me look like a goober.

I tried to explain that I look like a goober anyway......but that didn't work..... Oh well! ;D

muddyknees

May 5, 2005
Holden Beach,North Carolina
I can relate to that.mine says I look like an old jewish retired man and I m not even jewish. changed her mine last year can home with 2 gold rings one she took,this year 4 gold and 5 sivler now she just calls me honey
muddyknees

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bummer -but at least you got out there! Too bad the 63 nickel wasn't a dime or a quarter! Better luck next time!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread