Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ventured up to the lake this morning to a beach that can be reached by car. The thing is the first one you come to driving west out of Tulsa, so naturally it's hunted several times a month. My biggest discovery was that there is no beach because of high water! Nothing showing but loose gravel and chunks of asphalt from the washed out road! Some idiot fool had been down hunting the gravel and had dug huge holes and just left them! I hate when a so called "detectorist" does that. I kicked dirt back into many of them as best I could but needed a shovel to do much good! Met another man who was planning on going detecting. He decided to forgo it since it was overcast and chilly. We had a nice visit and compared equipment before he left. So, my finds? It amounted to exactly 11 cents clad and I only burned two dollars worth of gasoline to get up there! What's wrong with my economics? Monty

Upvote 0
R

rvbvetter

? ? ?Heyyyy!!!! ? ? Where's the Bust? ? ? Boy!! ? ?Am I dissapointed !!!

? Your economics sound like mine. ? Look on the brite side. ?You met somebody new. ? ? ?HH

urbss

Sep 15, 2005
Cresson, PA
Well, you may not have recooped all of your cost - but think of the exercise you got!!! That has to be worth something.

popcorn

Jun 18, 2005
::)you will make up for it the next time out But I sure know what you mean I find twenty five cents and spend ten dollars woth of gas.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well "Monty" ;D I can think of much more expensive hobbies! ;)

Look at it this way....You got out of the house....you got a little exercise...you met a new buddy AND it only cost you a couple of bucks! ;)

Nana ;)

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
Cost me over $20 to go today. I did find close to $4 and an earring. Some days are diamonds but most are just dirt. HH!Chris

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better luck on the next one Jim,

HH

Lonewolfe

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
AKA,

some days are good some are bad. Have to live with both of them. But always good to get out.

On another subject,,,,,,,just wondering if you have been detecting better, or not as good, since you

changed your original screen name? Just a thought. ::)

have a good un.............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't wear my lucky blue prospecting shirt this morning. It is a short sleeve with a few holes and it was kinda' airish out! Guess I need to wear a sweat shirt under it? What topped it off, I came home and got my granddaughter to help me. We detected my front yard and found 30 cents hard cash! She is too little to dig so I had her filling the holes back in and holding the loot. Pretty soon she lost interest and went on her way making her own holes. Heck, who needs a detector? She buried my finds and dug them back up again and claimed them as her own! She has a touch of her Grandmother in her I can tell already! She's 3 1/2 going on much more energy than humanly possible! She kinda' reminds me of that little dog I had that dug up my coin garden and ran away. She and her Mom and Dad and little sister Katy are moving to Washington State soon, I think. I'll miss her more than the dog that's for sure! :'( Monty

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, Indeed Monty. I have a 4 yearold and the batteries just will not run down!!. If their energy could be matched with an attention span they would , no doubt, rule the world. I hope they decide to stay, grandkids being the fun you've earned by raising your own, and all. Good luck and HH! Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread