DFX Test run #2 (smallest silver find ever)

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took the new DFX down to the lake for about 2 hours. I played with a few of the programs and then started hunting with what I will call the juiced up jewelry mode. I had to turn up the power on that baby just a little. Keeping in mind that I have been working this area hard with the ACE 250 many many times. I dug something like 21 coins. 3 Q, 6 D, and 12 pennies all clad. All where found to be at 5 inches or deeper. One of the dimes I dug was at 7.5 inches that was the deepest coin of the day. Most of the coins I find on this beach are 1990's and up clad. Most of what I dug today was from the mid 70's. I also dug a very very tiny silver clasp from a neckless. I mean this thing is about the size of a pencil lead. It had a VDI of 24. I dug it at 5 inches my pinpointer really cut down on the time it took me to find it. I was very happy with the performance of the unit and the bit of silver.
Sorry no time to post a pic........................Kermit

Upvote 0
R

rvbvetter

Sounds like you two are getting along just fine. Enjoy HH

Crutch

Sep 1, 2005
Springfield Tennessee
Detector(s) used
DFX / Eagle II SL 90
Its hard not to play with the adjustments. Anyway, turning up the sensitivity is what it's all about. It feels good to think you can go back to some old spots and start all over again.

ashdigger

May 29, 2005
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Kermit; I have used a Garrett for many many years until I changed to a DFX and I mean I've seen a big difference. My depth and finds have increased. I have found more rings with the DFX in five months that I ever had with the all of my (8) Garrett's. Sound like you have met up with a machine that you can work with. Good Job better things are to come.. Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions