Cold and Rainy. But the rewards were worth it.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey everyone. Did a good bit of hunting over the weekend. Got about 5 or 6 hrs to hunt. Sorry about the pics. I ordered a new scanner and it should be here late this week. I got a better one so pics should come out even better from now on.

Me and my brother worked the same woods were we have been having some luck. I found a really cool token guys. I don't know much about it though. It is bigger than a silver dollar I think. It won't even fit a coin case barely. The front reads like this. Liberty Avenue Showplace at the top. In the middle it says 537 Liberty Ave Pittsburgh P.a. Then at the bottom it says adult entertainment. It also has to small clovers on the front.

The back reads this top to bottom. This token entitles you to see and talk to a live nude girl face to face. Adult entertainment at the very bottom. It also says over on both sides for flipping it. It has a readed edge and is thicker then a silver dollar but not by much.

Also found a nice religious pendant that I can't Read anything on it. Like it's in Spanish or something. Got 2 Indians 03 and 91. Got 2 mercs 18 and a 23. I 1909 v-nickle 4 wheat's a trolley token and a really nice cuff link.

Got a bunch of other cool relics also. Got a really old cigarette case. All is not cleaned up yet. Hope you guys like the stuff. Hope someone can tell me more about the token. I know it's older I'm thinking 30's or 40's. Maybe earlier. It was 5 inches deep in a old spot.

HH Jeremy

Attachments

• A nice weekend.jpg
    A nice weekend.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 471
  • A nice weekend back.jpg
    A nice weekend back.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 470
  • A nice weekend Relics.jpg
    A nice weekend Relics.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 457
  • A nice weekend Relics 1.jpg
    A nice weekend Relics 1.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 463
Upvote 0

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds jer!! You really have that DFX dialed in.As always ,nice digs man.HH

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Yes, I like the stuff. Very cool car. Indian heads - I drool over. V Nickel hard to see but I have yet to find one. I'd say you had a very successful weekend. :)

Bob

PS - you didn't go out on Sat did you? Rained alot in Cleveland.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Jeremy!

Really good stuff!!! Sounds like a good time this weekend!!

Congrats!!

Nana ;)

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds,
What is the deepest you have dug a coin with the dfx.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool digs Jer!

HH

Lonewolfe

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Thanks everyone. Yeah I was out in the rain Saturday. Not to much stops me. I have a weather beater on my box and screen and can hunt in the rain. I was in the woods and had thick clothing on and the rain wasn't at a pour. Light steady drizzle. Plus the tree's sheild it even more.

Deepest coins I've dug were like this. Pennies dimes and nickles all in the 7-9 inch range. Never any deeper than that old or new. Quarters tokens silver dollar anything bigger than a nickle you can find at a foot deep depending on soil conditions. I have found 2 or 3 tokens at the 10 to 12 inch range.

Large artifacts easily at a foot. Cap guns mason lids things of that sort. Most of my old coins are right at the 4.5 to 6 inch mark.

I have hunted lawns with rich black soil and could easily find rings at 8 inches deep and coins at 10 inches deep.

You won't just pick a dfx up and be able to master it. You'll do well but you need alot of time on this unit.

What helps greatly with depth is the accept reject block edit disc edit. You have to figure out how much your grounds can hold for maximume depth. You'll have to play with it for a while. I like mine at -40 al the way up to plus 95. Any more it becomes to unstable. I also have every other setting cranked to help with it. And it just holds and I can easily back it right down.

It takes me 5 minutes to set up. I never make a adjustment after that. I'm on my way and look out because it's gonna be hard to out hunt me. The only time this unit needs adjusted once you get it down pat is when you want to play with it's versatility after you pound a area. Different sweep speeds. 3 Khz on instead of best data. You switch it all up to get even more out of the unit.

It takes awhile. Everyone is running a dfx nowadays. I have had it for almost 4 yrs now. I'm waiting for that next sick unit to come out. Get it new so I have another advantage over today's treasure hunters.

Hope this helps.

Appreciate the replies averyone.

HH Jeremy

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Great finds!! those two lighters and cig case is neat, so are the spoon and stuff. Would love to see a pic once its all cleaned up ;)

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, Jeremy. Where were you hunting an old hardware store. Looks like you spent more time digging than detecting. Makes for a great day.

HH

Ed

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going Jeremy, really like the tokens and silver !

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions