Todays Finds

Andee

Sep 12, 2005
Clarence, NY
Today's Finds

Dis some detecting at my Grandma & Grandpa's house today. The house was built in 1949. First hit was a 1967 dime. Also got a 1973 Penny, 1969 Canadian Penny, and my second ever wheatie, a 1953-D. I was kinda dissapointed I didn't find any silver, but oh well, the wheat is good enough. Sorry, they're a little cruddy, I havent had time to clean them yet. And please ignore the fact that the '73 penny is upside down.

The clad:

Attachments

• jhg2.jpg
    jhg2.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 290
Upvote 0

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
Re: Today's Finds

congrats on the finds!wheaties are cool and they let you know silver should be near.wtg

peace,bigrig

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

Andee,

nice finds.

Keep at it, the silver will come.

have a good un........
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Crutch

Sep 1, 2005
Springfield Tennessee
Detector(s) used
DFX / Eagle II SL 90

Don't worry to much about the silver. It has a way of jumping out at you when you aren't expecting it. I hunted my grandmothers yard once and she told me "you won't find anything', I just smiled politely and thought, yeah, right. Wondering why she said that I asked why. She said 'our kids weren't allowed to have money". Seems she was right. All I found of any value was 1 1916 wheat penny. There was new clad in the drive but nothing old anywhere. The wheatie was under the clothes line. The house was built in 1905 or so. Sometimes you got to go hunt around yards where people weren't so froogle.

rabajohn

Aug 10, 2005
Woodlawn, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & ole Tesoro Silver Sabre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hey Andee, was that '73 penny upside down when you dug it up? Just kidding! Cool stuff.

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cool coins, tsgman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread