Incredible find today, giving closure to grieving families, Video added

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
RGECY and myself (David Toller of the 2009 Treasure Expo & Trade Show) wanted to help DNR in locating a boat that sank, taking the life of 3 people and nearly taking two more of the 6 on board.
http://www.thesunnews.com/news/breaking_news/story/825428.html
Last Friday I read in the Myrtle Beach Sun News that the DNR had been diving to locate the boat from this tragic accident. When I read that they were unable to locate the boat, I got in touch with my treasure hunting partner RGECY and asked if he would like to shoot up here to Myrtle Beach and see what we can find with the Hummingbird Side Scanner.
Robert agreed, and early this morning we were dropping the boat into the water. We began finding targets right away, that were interesting, but just not what we were looking for.
Then, about 45 minutes into the search we located what we were certain was the target in question, the boat from the tragic accident. The target was obviously laying on the River Bed on it's side, giving off a very nice image.
RGECY fealt like getting into the cold water (I don't do cold dives, ever) and investigated the site. After only a few minutes under water he surfaced and gave the THUMBS UP. Not only did he find what may be the wreck, but had the Hull Numbers from the boat.
After a call to DNR, we were able to confirm through these numbers that this was definately the boat that took 3 lives so far, and still has one more (a 5 year old) hanging onto a thread at the hospital.
We hope that locating this boat for DNR to complete their investigation will give a closure to the grieving families.

New Video added: http://videos.myrtlebeachonline.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=3479917&item_index=1&all=1&sort=NULL

Upvote 0

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Re: Incredible find today, giving closure to greeving families

xXx said:
RGECY and myself (David Toller of the 2009 Treasure Expo & Trade Show) wanted to help DNR in locating a boat that sank, taking the life of 3 people and nearly taking two more of the 6 on board.
http://www.thesunnews.com/news/breaking_news/story/825428.html
Last Friday I read in the Myrtle Beach Sun News that the DNR had been diving to locate the boat from this tragic accident. When I read that they were unable to locate the boat, I got in touch with my treasure hunting partner RGECY and asked if he would like to shoot up here to Myrtle Beach and see what we can find with the Hummingbird Side Scanner.
Robert agreed, and early this morning we were dropping the boat into the water. We began finding targets right away, that were interesting, but just not what we were looking for.
Then, about 45 minutes into the search we located what we were certain was the target in question, the boat from the tragic accident. The target was obviously laying on the River Bed on it's side, giving off a very nice image.
RGECY fealt like getting into the cold water (I don't do cold dives, ever) and investigated the site. After only a few minutes under water he surfaced and gave the THUMBS UP. Not only did he find what may be the wreck, but had the Hull Numbers from the boat.
After a call to DNR, we were able to confirm through these numbers that this was definately the boat that took 3 lives so far, and still has one more (a 5 year old) hanging onto a thread at the hospital.
We hope that locating this boat for DNR to complete their investigation will give a closure to the grieving families.

awesome work I salute you folks

mcmurphi

Feb 5, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX • Fisher CZ-21
Re: Incredible find today, giving closure to grieving families

Way to go you guys. My hat goes off to you for just deciding to do something about that. You helped in ways you will never know....Bless you.

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac

That is a remarkable story. I wish to commend you for your succesful efforts. Hopefully the DNR can find funds for their own sonar in the future.
Anthony

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Job well done. May this help them find peace. Your efforts will be rewarded one day.
Good job.
TnMountains

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys did an awesome job, I commend you on the great work you did!!! HH and thanks for the post, Mike

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
The right people, the right time, the right place. Congrats guys and God Bless you all.

Desertfox

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are part of those keeping the "human" in humankind. Great piece of work. And may God give comfort through your find to those who lost loved ones
in the accident.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
even tho I don't know anyone envoled in this post , I want to thank you for your time an effort in finding this boat.. Hopefully the 5 year old will put thru...

OP
OP
xXx

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
Thanks for all the kind words.
We were very happy that we had the capabilities to assist the DNR. The thing I keep coming back to is that I hope this will answer some questions for the families of those who passed, and give them closure.
xXx David Toller

RelicRick

Aug 29, 2006
Jockey Hollow
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you my friend...be proud of your efforts and my condolences to the families.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread