Incredible find today, giving closure to grieving families, Video added
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    xXx
    us
    Nov 2004
    back in Indiana again
    Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
    54 times

Incredible find today, giving closure to grieving families, Video added

RGECY and myself (David Toller of the 2009 Treasure Expo & Trade Show) wanted to help DNR in locating a boat that sank, taking the life of 3 people and nearly taking two more of the 6 on board.
    http://www.thesunnews.com/news/break...ry/825428.html
    Last Friday I read in the Myrtle Beach Sun News that the DNR had been diving to locate the boat from this tragic accident. When I read that they were unable to locate the boat, I got in touch with my treasure hunting partner RGECY and asked if he would like to shoot up here to Myrtle Beach and see what we can find with the Hummingbird Side Scanner.
    Robert agreed, and early this morning we were dropping the boat into the water. We began finding targets right away, that were interesting, but just not what we were looking for.
    Then, about 45 minutes into the search we located what we were certain was the target in question, the boat from the tragic accident. The target was obviously laying on the River Bed on it's side, giving off a very nice image.
    RGECY fealt like getting into the cold water (I don't do cold dives, ever) and investigated the site. After only a few minutes under water he surfaced and gave the THUMBS UP. Not only did he find what may be the wreck, but had the Hull Numbers from the boat.
    After a call to DNR, we were able to confirm through these numbers that this was definately the boat that took 3 lives so far, and still has one more (a 5 year old) hanging onto a thread at the hospital.
    We hope that locating this boat for DNR to complete their investigation will give a closure to the grieving families.

New Video added: http://videos.myrtlebeachonline.com/...ll=1&sort=NULL

us
    Your Only One Swing Away From Discovery

Dec 2006
    Florida
    Library
    68 times

Re: Incredible find today, giving closure to greeving families

Quote Originally Posted by xXx
    RGECY and myself (David Toller of the 2009 Treasure Expo & Trade Show) wanted to help DNR in locating a boat that sank, taking the life of 3 people and nearly taking two more of the 6 on board.
    http://www.thesunnews.com/news/break...ry/825428.html
    Last Friday I read in the Myrtle Beach Sun News that the DNR had been diving to locate the boat from this tragic accident. When I read that they were unable to locate the boat, I got in touch with my treasure hunting partner RGECY and asked if he would like to shoot up here to Myrtle Beach and see what we can find with the Hummingbird Side Scanner.
    Robert agreed, and early this morning we were dropping the boat into the water. We began finding targets right away, that were interesting, but just not what we were looking for.
    Then, about 45 minutes into the search we located what we were certain was the target in question, the boat from the tragic accident. The target was obviously laying on the River Bed on it's side, giving off a very nice image.
    RGECY fealt like getting into the cold water (I don't do cold dives, ever) and investigated the site. After only a few minutes under water he surfaced and gave the THUMBS UP. Not only did he find what may be the wreck, but had the Hull Numbers from the boat.
    After a call to DNR, we were able to confirm through these numbers that this was definately the boat that took 3 lives so far, and still has one more (a 5 year old) hanging onto a thread at the hospital.
    We hope that locating this boat for DNR to complete their investigation will give a closure to the grieving families.
    awesome work I salute you folks
    Your Discovery Has History Count On It
    Enjoy the dig, treasure the time

us
    Feb 2007
    Tacoma, WA
    White's DFX Fisher CZ-21
    4 times

Re: Incredible find today, giving closure to grieving families

Way to go you guys. My hat goes off to you for just deciding to do something about that. You helped in ways you will never know....Bless you.

"Just remember, when the silver coins won't come up, you can't stop em!"  Revised YOGI-ism

us
    Jul 2008
    Virginia Beach
    Excal 2 and E Trac
    4 times
    Banner Finds (2)

That is a remarkable story. I wish to commend you for your succesful efforts. Hopefully the DNR can find funds for their own sonar in the future.
    Anthony
    It is amazing what men will do for an extra inch.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe
    8482 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Job well done. May this help them find peace. Your efforts will be rewarded one day.
    Good job.
    TnMountains
    Please read our rules and enjoy the site. TreasureNet.com Rules

All finds posted by me are from private property with landowner permission.

xXx
    us
    Nov 2004
    back in Indiana again
    54 times

Charter Member
    nz
    Oct 2006
    New Zealand
    Minelab Sovereign GT
    651 times

Re: Incredible find today, giving closure to grieving families, Video added

Good on you Mate

Mike

us
    Feb 2005
    Bavaria Germany
    Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
    166 times

You guys did an awesome job, I commend you on the great work you did!!! HH and thanks for the post, Mike

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2007
    Oklahoma
    Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
    9 times

The right people, the right time, the right place. Congrats guys and God Bless you all.

Desertfox
    Happy Hunting

Desertfox
    (Paul)

Jan 2007
    Milky Way Galaxy
    Whites Vision Spectra
    20 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Thanks for placing our hobby in a positive catagory. My heart goes out to the grieving people involved.
    Chris

us
    Feb 2009
    Clarksville, TN
    Garrett Ace 150
    1 times

Way to go the extra mile guys like you give us a better image of the public eye

us
    May 2008
    CT
    2 times

What a truly unselfish act you and your buddy did!! Way to go!!

us
    Dec 2008
    South Korea
    Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
    27 times

You are part of those keeping the "human" in humankind. Great piece of work. And may God give comfort through your find to those who lost loved ones
    in the accident.
    Can't find it if you're watching tv at home, your machine isn't on, and the head of your detector is pointed up!!

us
    Dec 2007
    South Central PA
    59 times

even tho I don't know anyone envoled in this post , I want to thank you for your time an effort in finding this boat.. Hopefully the 5 year old will put thru...
    some people call me the creeper ,cuz they don't know my name or face - Alice Cooper

xXx
    us
    Nov 2004
    back in Indiana again
    54 times

Thanks for all the kind words.
    We were very happy that we had the capabilities to assist the DNR. The thing I keep coming back to is that I hope this will answer some questions for the families of those who passed, and give them closure.
    xXx David Toller

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links