Short hunt after Work

RONC(OR)

Aug 28, 2006
Eugene ,OR
Detector(s) used
Etrac/ X-8-X-1/ /Excalibur 2/AuqaHog ~yayer
Headed downtown after work with a place in mine Couldn't find a place to park so I headed around the block. Look on the corner and who do I see MY buddy Richard here's what I found 37 Quarter 44s Merc 36s Buff Nickle 43s war nickle and 3 wheat's all from an area that we have pounded before . It was fun hope to do it again soon HHR the Buff nickle would only hit one way but was a 12-13 and souned deep the war nic was a 15-15 but sounded good I have never found so many nickles the ET is killer on nics I found 7 nickles out of a little area that has been pounded

Attachments

• DSCN0160.JPG
    DSCN0160.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 424
Upvote 0

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great digs all the way around
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a fun hunt Ron and congratulations
on the silvers, wheats, buffalo nickle and the war nickle.
Not too shabby for an area that has been pounded on a
regular basis. Your E-trac seems to LOVE nickles
and silver coins!! Gold Nuggets :icon_jokercolor:

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Nice job, Ron! :thumbsup:

That's one thing I'm just not finding....old nickels. Probably because I dig very few of the lower conductor tones.

So do you think the E-Trac has really increased your nickel finds from your previous Explorer? Or are you just digging more of the low conductors from your pounded areas now because there are more of those signals left?

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Holy Crap Ron ~ that is SWEET!!! You are lethal with that E-Trac! WOOHOO!!!!

OP
OP
RONC(OR)

RONC(OR)

Aug 28, 2006
Eugene ,OR
Detector(s) used
Etrac/ X-8-X-1/ /Excalibur 2/AuqaHog ~yayer
Captn_SE said:
Nice job, Ron! :thumbsup:

That's one thing I'm just not finding....old nickels. Probably because I dig very few of the lower conductor tones.

So do you think the E-Trac has really increased your nickel finds from your previous Explorer? Or are you just digging more of the low conductors from your pounded areas now because there are more of those signals left?

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan
Dan I think the SE and the ET are very close on there ability to find Nickles the one thing that makes the ET a little better is having the digital and smart at the same time when I see the conduct # 11 12 13 14 15 16 I am going to dig Its great for hunting in high trash HH RonC

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Thanks for the info, Ron! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Nice work on those shy nickels...

OPUS1

Jan 23, 2009
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
BH QD II,Minelab GPX 4500 PULSE GOLD PROSPECTING DETECTOR,Garrett Infinium LS Pulse Metal Detector
Very nice days work indeed :thumbsup:

Reverend B*IKE*

Jan 11, 2009
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dan I think the SE and the ET are very close on there ability to find Nickles the one thing that makes the ET a little better is having the digital and smart at the same time when I see the conduct # 11 12 13 14 15 16 I am going to dig Its great for hunting in high trash HH RonC
[/quote]
Ron My nickels (ML/Safari) come in right on 15 most of the othere numbers dont produce.
Nice digs!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread