Todays finds.... i think its true rain is better for depth.

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Not much today, but better than nothing.
Shotgun shells
lots of .22s found under a tree, im thinking treestand there at one point?
small lightbulb
a 1960 penny
door latch
a square nail with a round top strangly...
and some bits of copper and tin.

Not much, but i could *Not* find them when the ground was dry :o Now that the ground has soaked up 3 days rain the halos around the metal make the target seem larger than it is enabling my low level detectors to find deeper targets :)

Was hoping for some really old relics but no such luck, found a few horseshoes too, they are soaking and awaiting dremeling...

Thanks for wasting a minute of your life reading my post ;)

Attachments

• somefindsfromtoday.JPG
    somefindsfromtoday.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 366
Upvote 0

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Jake. I always seem to do better when the ground has some moisture in it. I always get more targets when. a front is moving in or out of the area.

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Jake,

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Jake,

way to go. Your always finding something.

Was going through some boxes in the basement over the weekend. Seems I've collected a mess of them shotgun
shells and backs over the years. Was thinking that perhaps this winter, when the snow is falling, I will get them all together and work on them with a toothbrush and a can of brasso. Might make a nice collection when all cleaned
up.

have a good un.............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Jake. It is true, my ACE250 LOVES a soaking wet ground. It really seems to heighten the sensitivity alot. HH!

OP
OP
JakePhelps

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Thanks for all the comments :) That would make a neat display sherman! I know a few good sites for IDing them, but you prolly already have them ;) Hopefully the ground will still be damp tomaroow and ill go back out and see what i can dig up :) I was especially surprised about the penny...i mean that was down pretty far in a place i hunt frequently in the woods, but the moisture helped me find it! Im posting the copper thing in the whatsit section, dont know if its old or new...Also found a horseshoe and part of a toy car or bus il post tomarow once theyre clean.

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Hey Jake, great finds. I agree, when the ground is wet, I find I can search much deeper. This year we have had plenty of rain, and it has been a good one. Congrats...Lance

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
always a waste jake ;D....cool stuff i havent been out in a few weeks ugh... to busy and working nights putting a slump on my MD swing.....

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rtde3 said:
Not bad Jack! It's been raining here for 5 days & two more to go >:(

LOL!

Hang in there Rob!

Nice digs Jake

HH
Lonewolfe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions