Finally found a Buffalo Nickel Today!!! Pics turned out great

luvmydfx

Mar 21, 2005
Hey guys, I know it has been a long while since I have posted any pictures on here. I have been so stinking busy with work amongst other things that I have not even had time to think straight. I have been detecting only a couple of times in the last couple months, and have not found anything interesting except for clad. Thank goodness I am on vacation this week. I went detecting for a couple of hours today and scored my first buffalo, and it is a beauty. I spent about an hour getting it cleaned up, it is much better looking now than when it came out of the ground. I also found a 46 wheatie which I did not bother to post. The pendants were found within my last couple of detecting adventures, so I thought I would include them. I got third in the 4H and never even had to enter lol ;D. I also got permission to go hunting on private land of a coworker were there is an old fort (one of Custer's forts I believe), so I will include any cool stuff I find there in a later post. I am very excited and looking forward to hunting it. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy the pics. I have really been missing this forum, and hope to stay more involved in it.

Thanks,
Loren Farrar
Founder of http://www.easystopgiftshop.com

Attachments

• BuffaloBack&Front.JPG
    BuffaloBack&Front.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 497
  • Pendants.JPG
    Pendants.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 493
Upvote 0

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great job!! :)I have yet to find one. ???

Slug Hunter

Oct 16, 2005
Tennessee
Sorry to top this thread, but I am a newbie, reading and responding to lots of the threads that interest me. This one is key to me now since I found two buffalos last night. The eerie thing is, I found BOTH of them laying on top of the sand and grit collected around cobblestones. They both had a light green patina like the statue of liberty has, and I can only imagine they have been lying on the surface there for the better part of 70 years! As much as we are focused on digging into the ground and finding our treasures sinking a little more every decade, it is so wicked cool to think that they have been sitting there for so long waiting to be discovered, and never more than a glance away at any time since they have been lost. UNLESS they got deposited there by annual river flow

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
Nice Buffalo--After reading the posts, it seems about one Buffalo per 5 years average for me. I have five so far, but none as good as yours. I really have to struggle to read the dates on the three that have dates still readable. Anyhow, my last was this past year--so I guess I have to wait awhile for the next. Hope you don't.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread