Eagle I button, International Harvester Fob, Silver, CW Bullets, Bowie Knife.

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
Woohoo!! I guess my slump is over with. I can't remember ever being so excited to see a Eagle Button come out of the ground and with the added bonus of it being a " I " ( Infantry ) button with an old square nail run through the shank even makes it cooler. It just comfirms that the new sight I have been hunting had CW activity. Found a few dropped bullets at the same site.
Dug 4 mercs and 4 wheats there also. These are the newest finds I've made at this sight, so the old house must have been occupied up through the 1950's. The International watch fob on one side says " Rich Soil, Less Toil " with an image of a team of mules pulling a manure spreader and on the other side says " By Using I.H.C Spreaders " International Harvester Co, America ( IHC ) Chicago USA.
I found the old Bowie Knife later it had what looked like stag handles that fell apart when they hit the air.
I went hunting with a Newbie today this was his second hunt ( I loaned him a machine ) he got me permission on 3 new sites can't beat that. His first hunt with me he yells out " Well I dug my first coin" I say what is it? He replies well its about the size of a fifty cent piece and says " One Cent" on it. I wanted to hit him with my shovel LOL. I could not believe his first dug coin was a beautiful 1842 large cent. I have yet to dig one. OH WELL today I put a whoopin on him to make up for it ;D

Almost forgot the neat little Gold Plated locket. I opened it hoping there would be a tiny picture or something but it was empty.

Attachments

• IMG_1698.JPG
    IMG_1698.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 610
  • IMG_1685.JPG
    IMG_1685.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 615
  • IMG_1687.JPG
    IMG_1687.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 607
  • IMG_1692.JPG
    IMG_1692.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 606
  • IMG_1695.JPG
    IMG_1695.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 588
  • IMG_1690.JPG
    IMG_1690.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 593
Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow! excellent finds...never seen a bowie knife come out of the ground so nice

HH
-GC

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
That's a lot of great finds, John! :o :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You are definitely in a CW area! I'm sure there's plenty more there too!

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Eagle I button, International Harvester Fob, Silver, CW Bullets, Bowie Knife

Great finds today. The eagle is wild with the sq nail in it. You are in Tennessee as well. Congratulations Sir.
regards,
TnMountains

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Man! Now that's a GOOD day. I have never had a day that nice.....enjoy that location and hit it hard!!!

Baldingboy

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome job John......The Eagle "I" is still eluding me for some reason.The Bowie kinfe is going to look great in your collection I'm sure. :thumbsup:

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Re: Eagle I button, International Harvester Fob, Silver, CW Bullets, Bowie Knife

Real nice finds....and the button and knife are really cool

Happy Hunting,

Dugholes

OP
OP
john37115

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
goldencoin said:
wow! excellent finds...never seen a bowie knife come out of the ground so nice

HH
-GC

Thanks, I thought the Bowie Knife was newer but my friend says he has this same knife pictured in a relic book as being Confederate. So if it is really that old I guess it is in great condition.

Green1 said:
Awesome day out !!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks Green1

wildheart said:
Wow! Incredible outing - you GO! :thumbsup:
Thank you, I wish I did this well every hunt. ;D

Captn_SE said:
That's a lot of great finds, John! :o :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You are definitely in a CW area! I'm sure there's plenty more there too!

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan
Thanks Dan I sure hope there is more CW relics to find there.

Tnmountains said:
Great finds today. The eagle is wild with the sq nail in it. You are in Tennessee as well. Congratulations Sir.
regards,
TnMountains
Thanks, Yep another TN boy here. I've never seen another button with a Nail through the shank that was a new one on me :icon_scratch:

Arthur-Canada said:
You lucky S.O.B.
Why do you say that? Could it be that the ground here is nice and soft unlike the dirt there that's frozen in Ontario or because I am such an expert :tongue3: ;D

Andie Rigney said:
It's settled...I'm coming to R.T. tommorrow!

How did you like R.T. ?

Bob S said:
Great Stuff WTG

Thanks Bob

Baldingboy said:
Man! Now that's a GOOD day. I have never had a day that nice.....enjoy that location and hit it hard!!!

Baldingboy
Thanks, oh your to kind sir. I know you and the large boyscout have had excellent days too :D :D

civilman1 said:
Awesome job John......The Eagle "I" is still eluding me for some reason.The Bowie kinfe is going to look great in your collection I'm sure. :thumbsup:
Thanks Civilman, I just wish I could find as many CW relics as you do. ;D Do you think the Bowie is period?

johnreb1980 said:
Nice saves, way to go. :thumbsup:

Thanks johnreb1980

lairmo said:
Nice collection of relics!!!
I appreciate your kindness.

John (Ma) said:
WOW, excellent finds!!!

Thanks John

DugHoles said:
Real nice finds....and the button and knife are really cool

Happy Hunting,

Dugholes

Thanks, both of these finds shocked me when they came out of the ground.

Bridge End Farm said:
sweet finds

gotta thank the newby :thumbsup:
Thanks Bobby, how have you been. Any great finds lately?

OPUS1

Jan 23, 2009
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
BH QD II,Minelab GPX 4500 PULSE GOLD PROSPECTING DETECTOR,Garrett Infinium LS Pulse Metal Detector
Great treasures :thumbsup:

Keep up the hunt.

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds John looks like a nice drop you got there, the eagle "I" is great I cant seem to find one for some reason, great other finds as well hit that area hard :thumbsup:

Cwdigger
wedigdixie.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread