Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys. I gotta post before there’s no time again and before too many pics pile up (if they haven’t already). Did a bunch of hunting this week; it was so nice. We went on a scouting mission and discovered another good site. I pulled an awesome sports token from 1950. It’s huge. I was 100% sure it was a morgan when I saw it in the dirt lol. Also a pretty neat thimble.

huntB.jpg

huntA-1.jpg

Then it was time for a bit of Berg hunting. Found a barber quarter (still don’t understand how I gashed it) which was awesome and a good amount of wheats. For those that remember my “blind digging” that I was experimenting with last week, I tried this again, and it did yield results, but not to the magnitude that it did previously and I also cut the time I spent on this very short due to silver showing itself elsewhere. Also a neat button in there, not sure if it’s anything worth looking into.

huntE.jpg

Before I knew it was a barber quarter:
yo1.jpg

huntD.jpg

huntC.jpg

I had a buddy who had a cheap detector and was interested in trying the whole deal out. So I took him to the closest park that had the most clad and he had a good time digging a few coins and seeing what it was all about. I wandered over to an area by some tennis courts out of boredom and was surprised to dig 3 wheats in the area. Also found a hole with about 20 or 30 pennies in it lol. The other 1917 wheat and other clad came from a local pounded park before I met up with him.

bergnotA.jpg

Soon I was back at the Berg solo. Found the 4 silver and another IH, this one toasted. I talked to a guy who knew a lot about the area who lived nearby and he told me about how he used to hit the place a while ago and find half cents and large cents, as well as gold coins! Man, you guys thought WE were finding some good stuff here…

huntB-1.jpg

huntA-2.jpg

Toasted wheats!
huntC-1.jpg

We made one more trip and this one was also really nice. Pulled some neat tokens. The octagonal one expired in 1918, so that was a neat old one to find. And the other Boy Scouts token I’ve never seen anywhere before…it’s pretty cool. Also got a silver ring (marked sterling with some sort of star after it, otherwise markless), and a nice 1914 barber dime. The one side has a nice glossy look to it, but the other side is kinda all caked on with something hard; weird. But I didn’t find a barber anything last year, so it felt especially sweet!

bergF.jpg

bergE.jpg

bergA.jpg

bergB.jpg

bergC.jpg

bergD.jpg

So that’s it, now back to classes... ::) ...it was great to take a breather at home and to be able to hunt so much though! 8) Take care guys!

Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds and the variety is great! Congrats and HH, Mike

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't find anything on my spring break. Glad that someone did. :thumbsup:

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digging Nate! I really like the Indians token that is cool. Good luck on your classes and treasure hunting!

Steve

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hey Nate, that's a lot of great finds there! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I knew if I ever dig an '01 quarter out here in S. Cal, I'll be shaking just turning it over to see if it has the San Fran mintmark. :tongue1:

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captn_SE said:
Hey Nate, that's a lot of great finds there! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I knew if I ever dig an '01 quarter out here in S. Cal, I'll be shaking just turning it over to see if it has the San Fran mintmark. :tongue1:

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan

lol yea...here's hoping though. thanks Dan
thanks Goldiver 8)

Dr. Ace

Nov 4, 2007
South-Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Ace 250
Nate, that's a lot of good lookin' oldies you got there. Congrats on all the great finds! :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work.

HH,

Dr. Ace

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Bunch of nice finds Nate.

The berg is still a great site to hunt. I bet that guy did pull some rare coins at a site like that. I've heard stories around here of parks like that. With all that trash still at the berg who know's what could be hiding there.

HH Jer

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
I wish my "junk-to-decent-find-ratio" was that high.....

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Now that is how to spend Spring Break! That Indians schedule token is incredible! The Browns left St. Louis after 1953, I believe. Have you checked EBay or a sports collectible store to check on rarity/value? And then there are Barbers, wheats, other silver, etc. Try to regain your academic focus, if you can!

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lairmo said:
I wish my "junk-to-decent-find-ratio" was that high.....

Trust me, this place produces quite an exception to my typical junk to goodie ratio...although there still IS a lot of trash you have to deal with...for most hunts I don't include all the iron nails and tabs and other crap, like an all-targets-dug pic...I only included one in this post.

halfdime said:
Now that is how to spend Spring Break! That Indians schedule token is incredible! The Browns left St. Louis after 1953, I believe. Have you checked EBay or a sports collectible store to check on rarity/value? And then there are Barbers, wheats, other silver, etc. Try to regain your academic focus, if you can!

I gave it a quick shot and didn't see anything right away, but thanks I love it too. Heh yea I'm procrastinating right now, actually. ;D

4-H staff said:
That Button! I found the exact button 2 weeks ago! Look in the eagles talons. I've tried and tried to figure out what it is.

I can't tell either...kinda looks like maybe something's attached to a rope...or could something possibly be an anchor...lol, no idea ???

Appreciate the comments yall!

Ltr113

Mar 3, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, White's Prizm IV, Bounty Hunter Scout
Primary Interest:
Other
Really nice stuff there. Great variety. You musta' got a good workout!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread