Spring break detecting bonanza
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    us
    Oct 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    DFX
    37 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Spring break detecting bonanza

Hey guys. I gotta post before thereís no time again and before too many pics pile up (if they havenít already). Did a bunch of hunting this week; it was so nice. We went on a scouting mission and discovered another good site. I pulled an awesome sports token from 1950. Itís huge. I was 100% sure it was a morgan when I saw it in the dirt lol. Also a pretty neat thimble.

Then it was time for a bit of Berg hunting. Found a barber quarter (still donít understand how I gashed it) which was awesome and a good amount of wheats. For those that remember my ďblind diggingĒ that I was experimenting with last week, I tried this again, and it did yield results, but not to the magnitude that it did previously and I also cut the time I spent on this very short due to silver showing itself elsewhere. Also a neat button in there, not sure if itís anything worth looking into.

Before I knew it was a barber quarter:

I had a buddy who had a cheap detector and was interested in trying the whole deal out. So I took him to the closest park that had the most clad and he had a good time digging a few coins and seeing what it was all about. I wandered over to an area by some tennis courts out of boredom and was surprised to dig 3 wheats in the area. Also found a hole with about 20 or 30 pennies in it lol. The other 1917 wheat and other clad came from a local pounded park before I met up with him.

Soon I was back at the Berg solo. Found the 4 silver and another IH, this one toasted. I talked to a guy who knew a lot about the area who lived nearby and he told me about how he used to hit the place a while ago and find half cents and large cents, as well as gold coins! Man, you guys thought WE were finding some good stuff hereÖ

Toasted wheats!

We made one more trip and this one was also really nice. Pulled some neat tokens. The octagonal one expired in 1918, so that was a neat old one to find. And the other Boy Scouts token Iíve never seen anywhere beforeÖitís pretty cool. Also got a silver ring (marked sterling with some sort of star after it, otherwise markless), and a nice 1914 barber dime. The one side has a nice glossy look to it, but the other side is kinda all caked on with something hard; weird. But I didnít find a barber anything last year, so it felt especially sweet!

So thatís it, now back to classes... ...it was great to take a breather at home and to be able to hunt so much though! 8) Take care guys!

us
    Apr 2006
    Bellevue, WA
    Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
    21 times

Re: Spring break detecting bonanza

Man Nate you are kicking butt!!!!!! You must have felt really good while digging all of that silver! I hope you find many more coins and goodies that come your way!
    Anyone can make life interesting you just have to go out there and do things instead of sitting on your butt doing nothing. Second quote: Life is about trying new things not just standing around.

us
    Oct 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    DFX
    37 times

Quote Originally Posted by Detectingfreak
    Man Nate you are kicking butt!!!!!! You must have felt really good while digging all of that silver! I hope you find many more coins and goodies that come your way!
    Thanks Detectingfreak! Yea it sure did feel good...I wish the same for you!

seger98

Nate, that is an amazing amount of FANTASTIC finds! Way to go on the silvers, tokens & the rest!

us
    Oct 2007
    Southern Illinois
    e-track- Explorer SE explorer 2 -
    2 times

Hey WTG Nate, Cool finds and Congrats on the silver and the wheats !!! The token is cool !!!!

Charter Member
    Bryce-IL

Aug 2007
    Wherever Silver's Hidin'
    Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
    904 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Lots of nice stuff Nate. Way to go on all the silver.
    My field test of the Sunray X-5 coil is published in the May 2010 Issue of Western & Eastern Treasures.

My field test of the Sunray X-12 Coil is published in the June 2010 Issue of Western & Eastern Treasures.

My field test of the Coiltek 5x7 Coil is published in the July 2012 Issue of Western & Eastern Treasures.

My "Deep Coin" Explorer settings, and finds are published in Andy Sabisch's Minelab Explorer & E-Trac Handbook.

Here's the story of my BEST FIND EVERhttp://www.treasurenet.com/forums/be...find-ever.html

us
    Oct 2007
    Northern, OH
    DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
    413 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

WTG on all your finds. You sure was busy. Yous sure got some nice silver.....Matt
    CRH 2014 find
    wheaties
    War Nickels
    Buffalo
    Mercs 4
    Rosie 6
    90% Kennedy
    Franklin
    Walkers
    40% halfs
    Detecting Finds
    Dollars
    Quarters `
    Silver Quarters
    Dimes
    Silver Dimes
    Nickels
    Pennies
    Wheaties
    rings

us
    Jun 2007
    georgia
    garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
    12 times

way to go nate. all the silver and other coins were great.
    KYLE DISMUKE

us
    Oct 2005
    Summerville, South Carolina
    Tesoro "Eldorado", Whites "Beach Hunter ID",
    14 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Great Job! I grew up in Lorain Ohio. Noticed the Bank Token From Cleveland, Well done HH, Art...

Summer break will be here before ya know it, Nate! Looks like a great week of hunting! Always love the tokens and of course the Barber! 8)

Super finds~! Nana

us
    Jul 2007
    Western Massachusetts
    Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
    8 times

Excellent group of finds, congrats.

us
    Semper Fi!

Jan 2007
    Indiana
    Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
    15 times

Looks like a great week last week, plenty of silver, alot of clad and a few sweet tokens and rings as well!! Congrats!
    "Two things are infinite, the Universe and Human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the Universe"
    ~Albert Einstein~

Nov 2005
    White's V3
    1 times

Great job! Too bad there's no "S" mintmark on that 1901 quarter, but I would take a Barber Quarter any day! Here's hoping your next 1901 is an "S"!

Mike

us
    Jan 2009
    So. Cal
    BH QD II,Minelab GPX 4500 PULSE GOLD PROSPECTING DETECTOR,Garrett Infinium LS Pulse Metal Detector
    5 times

Wow,

Congrats on the digs

That's quite a heap of stuff.

us
    Oct 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    DFX
    37 times

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOregon
    Great job! Too bad there's no "S" mintmark on that 1901 quarter, but I would take a Barber Quarter any day! Here's hoping your next 1901 is an "S"!

Mike
    I know! But yea, it's a welcome coin no matter what.

Thanks yall!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links