Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys. I gotta post before there’s no time again and before too many pics pile up (if they haven’t already). Did a bunch of hunting this week; it was so nice. We went on a scouting mission and discovered another good site. I pulled an awesome sports token from 1950. It’s huge. I was 100% sure it was a morgan when I saw it in the dirt lol. Also a pretty neat thimble.

huntB.jpg

huntA-1.jpg

Then it was time for a bit of Berg hunting. Found a barber quarter (still don’t understand how I gashed it) which was awesome and a good amount of wheats. For those that remember my “blind digging” that I was experimenting with last week, I tried this again, and it did yield results, but not to the magnitude that it did previously and I also cut the time I spent on this very short due to silver showing itself elsewhere. Also a neat button in there, not sure if it’s anything worth looking into.

huntE.jpg

Before I knew it was a barber quarter:
yo1.jpg

huntD.jpg

huntC.jpg

I had a buddy who had a cheap detector and was interested in trying the whole deal out. So I took him to the closest park that had the most clad and he had a good time digging a few coins and seeing what it was all about. I wandered over to an area by some tennis courts out of boredom and was surprised to dig 3 wheats in the area. Also found a hole with about 20 or 30 pennies in it lol. The other 1917 wheat and other clad came from a local pounded park before I met up with him.

bergnotA.jpg

Soon I was back at the Berg solo. Found the 4 silver and another IH, this one toasted. I talked to a guy who knew a lot about the area who lived nearby and he told me about how he used to hit the place a while ago and find half cents and large cents, as well as gold coins! Man, you guys thought WE were finding some good stuff here…

huntB-1.jpg

huntA-2.jpg

Toasted wheats!
huntC-1.jpg

We made one more trip and this one was also really nice. Pulled some neat tokens. The octagonal one expired in 1918, so that was a neat old one to find. And the other Boy Scouts token I’ve never seen anywhere before…it’s pretty cool. Also got a silver ring (marked sterling with some sort of star after it, otherwise markless), and a nice 1914 barber dime. The one side has a nice glossy look to it, but the other side is kinda all caked on with something hard; weird. But I didn’t find a barber anything last year, so it felt especially sweet!

bergF.jpg

bergE.jpg

bergA.jpg

bergB.jpg

bergC.jpg

bergD.jpg

So that’s it, now back to classes... ::) ...it was great to take a breather at home and to be able to hunt so much though! 8) Take care guys!

Upvote 0

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Man Nate you are kicking butt!!!!!! :thumbsup: You must have felt really good while digging all of that silver! :thumbsup: I hope you find many more coins and goodies that come your way! ;D

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detectingfreak said:
Man Nate you are kicking butt!!!!!! :thumbsup: You must have felt really good while digging all of that silver! :thumbsup: I hope you find many more coins and goodies that come your way! ;D

Thanks Detectingfreak! Yea it sure did feel good...I wish the same for you!

S

seger98

Nate, that is an amazing amount of FANTASTIC finds! Way to go on the silvers, tokens & the rest!

t-bucket

Bronze Member
Oct 7, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
e-track- Explorer SE explorer 2 -
Hey WTG Nate, Cool finds and Congrats on the silver and the wheats !!! The token is cool !!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on all your finds. You sure was busy. Yous sure got some nice silver.....Matt

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
way to go nate. all the silver and other coins were great. :thumbsup:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Summer break will be here before ya know it, Nate! :wink: Looks like a great week of hunting! :icon_pirat: Always love the tokens and of course the Barber! 8)

Super finds~! Nana :)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Looks like a great week last week, plenty of silver, alot of clad and a few sweet tokens and rings as well!! Congrats!

MikeOregon

Nov 26, 2005
Detector(s) used
White's V3
Great job! Too bad there's no "S" mintmark on that 1901 quarter, but I would take a Barber Quarter any day! Here's hoping your next 1901 is an "S"!

Mike

OPUS1

Jan 23, 2009
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
BH QD II,Minelab GPX 4500 PULSE GOLD PROSPECTING DETECTOR,Garrett Infinium LS Pulse Metal Detector
Wow,

Congrats on the digs :thumbsup:

That's quite a heap of stuff.

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MikeOregon said:
Great job! Too bad there's no "S" mintmark on that 1901 quarter, but I would take a Barber Quarter any day! Here's hoping your next 1901 is an "S"!

Mike

I know! But yea, it's a welcome coin no matter what.

Thanks yall!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions