thought i found a gold piece

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
got a new place to dig this past saturday using only my garrett pinpointer the new one checked both sides of the walk from the steps to the proch found a butt load of pennies dimes and nickels some hot wheels and a old marble found 2 wheat backs a 41 and a 42. on my last scoop of saturday i seen the ridges ofs a coin thought maybe a silver dollar COOL then as i was moving away the dirt i seen gold my heart was going 100 mph is it a $20.00 gold piece nope it was a heavy brass game token from a game called everquest .went back today found the same stuff and another everquest token litterally right across from the last one i dug. i am going back tomorrow with the ace 250 and the whites dfx300 to see what i find and miss while using the other one will let you know what i find tomorrow. i will be posting pics next week i am having a friend come over and down size my pics so i can post them on here.i found 2 wheats there has gotta be some older ones and maybe some silver it sems that i am the only one that has ever dug that yard .

Upvote 0
P

Pentico

Congrats on the wheat's!

You will find that gold coin just keep digging!

DN

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL,

It happens all the time brother! Got your heart racing though right, so the woman cant say you didnt do your cardio for the day!!

CB

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did a petty good job there with your pinpointer. Knock your socks off when you get back with your detectors.....Matt

sodiumrye

Dec 27, 2008
NW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Still swinging my old Garrett master hunter ADS2
Yes gold fever comes over you in a flood doesnt it. Two weeks ago I had a sweet siginal and found it with the probe. Stuck my finger in the small hole I made with the probe and about 3 1/2 in down I felt what I thought was a half dollar which turned out to be a Ft Ord chaplins coin. Don't get me wrong I was thrilled but realizing I still get silver lust after all these years of MDing make me smile and laugh at myself. If your finding wheaties then there is silver near by good luck possum and may your heart beat fast again soon :thumbsup:

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Olepossum; O I have had hunts like that before. IN the Photography / images section there is help on image resizers. I use the one that godisnum1 posted . It's very user friendly. :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread