OLD SKOOL STYLE HUNTING!! MUST SEE!!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a local "closed" factory this morning from the 1800s.. I knew the place was full of "crap" as I had been there before to check the ground conditions, etc. I don't believe it's ever been detected before (or at least not very well)! There is metal stampings, car parts, iron, junk, cans, crap and everything you can imagine in the ground "everywhere", but, I managed a LOT of good stuff, and some NOT so good stuff too!

This time I went with the intention to hunt the grounds in "old skool style"..

I set the machine on the highest level of discrimination I could, and dug ONLY repeatable strong targets/signals.. (otherwise known in the "old days" as "cherry picken for silver")!

Below is what I found, and no, I didn't stay long enough to see if there was a body attached to the gold tooth & jaw bone!!

Attachments

• factory 001.jpg
    factory 001.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 973
  • factory 002.jpg
    factory 002.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 976
  • factory 003.jpg
    factory 003.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 967
  • factory 004.jpg
    factory 004.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 948
  • factory 005.jpg
    factory 005.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 904
  • factory 006.jpg
    factory 006.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 893
Upvote 0

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
comfyinvermont said:
Great finds Lonewolf.? Not to put a damper on your tooth, but since it is attached to a jaw, it obviously did not fall out.? You may wish to contact the police.? Their could have been someone who has been missing, and the tooth might be able to help.? You could be? a hero or something in that neighborhood....Lance

I was going down the page and wondering if anyone was going to mention this,,, Exactly what I was thinking, You might be able to solve a murder, or something, make the head lines, have the murderer chasing you around until they catch him because you've spoiled his perfect crime... ;D Sorry, got carried away...

Great coin digs,,, and you definitely get my vote for the most disgusting find of the year....
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats L W on your silver finds ! Looking forward to see how the tooth mystery unfolds. I wonder what Monty thinks of the tooth situation ?

Huntin' 59er

parrothead

Oct 1, 2005
Morris, Illinois
I am no expert on this stuff, but it looks like a prosthetic piece. Tooth, fake gumline, and some structure behind it. I worked for a man shortly out of college that had severe cancer and had all kinds of bone removed from his head. With everything out he looked like a wet sack and could put his finger in his mouth and right out his nose. Then he would start putting pieces in piece by piece until he resembled a face again. Everything went together like a puzzle.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Careful the police doesn't check over the area and decide that the silver is part of the "crime scene" and want you to turn it in as well. ;D Just a thought to chew on. ::)

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa LW, how appropriate for October. That was one great but creepy hunt, I like the prosthetic theory. Congrats on the silver and uhh, Gold, LOL! HH, Mike

Wetgreenie

Oct 14, 2005
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500, Tesoro Silver U max
Woo weee, interesting find there. I heard a story before where a couple treasure hunters had found a whole jar full of gold teeth hidden in a wall of an abondon old house. could be a good story for CSI...

It almost looked like the inside veiw of the tooth had plier marks on it....?

OP
OP
lonewolfe

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turns out that the piece IS part of an old denture of sorts! The police man at the cop shop looked it over for a few minutes, and returned the piece to me w/o question. He siad it was probably dropped by someone playing baseball (as the property used to have a baseball diamond at one time) and, he said there's no way to tell who/where it came from, so, keep it, and thanks for stopping by! ;D

Guess I'll dig the gold out to add to my scrap pile, throw the rest away, and call it good!

HH all,

Lonewolfe

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EWWWW Wolfe! That looks pretty nasty...... :D

But.....congrats on your finds......

Nana ;)

Slug Hunter

Oct 16, 2005
Tennessee
HAHE, I love how it took 30 replies before someone finally suggested that it was likely a denture plate.
The silence of the lambs crowd is in full effect.
Doesn't tone down the creepy effect, though, lol.
The places I dig are all so trashy that I know no other method than cherry pickin for silver.
I would LOVE to dig my latest spot in all metal mode for gold, but there is almost as much iron there as broken glass.
And that's a lot.

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho
I say frame it and when people ask to see what you have found metal detecting -- hand them that first. Or you can give it away this year in some unsuspecting kids bag of candy :o :o -- How can you not notice exactly when you have lost part of your mouth ??

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Well, I for one am not willing to let go of this! You did your duty and took it to Barney Fife, who handed it back to you. I'd go back and dig some more if I were you. Think about it: How many people have GOLD teeth set in dentures??? Gold teeth are, as far as I know, covered in gold to protect the remains of a bad tooth. I guess there may be a few folks who want to "shine" even if they have phony teeth, but sounds kinda far out to me. You can't quit now, can you? :o

NOODLE

Southcacalaky

Silver Member
Oct 2, 2005
Summerville, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro "Eldorado", Whites "Beach Hunter ID",
Great finds!! Probably not detected or very little as you said. Maybe an older dentist might be able to shed some light on your tooth find. HH Art...

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds Lonewolf. That tooth is off the hook. I would have kept it though polished it up. Did a little home dental work to remove it from the jaw. It might be a pair of old denture type teeth or something. Maybe they broke and said I"ll be damned if I'm gonna let a good peice of gold go bad.

Sorry missed your thread at the bottom. But my guess would have been good. Don't think you'll find anymore gold teeth in your day.

Keep up the good work

HH Jer

Roaddog

Jun 8, 2005
Galveston, TX
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great cherry picking on the coins. And I agree with the rest that that tooth has got to be the most unusual find!

Roaddog

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread