Hit the SC Camp Area Hard for 2 Days before heading home

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
It's been a long winter here on Tybee Island, GA. Got a chance to spend about 2 days in the SC low country hunting several known sites this past week. Hard hunting in the woods but I think it was worth it. Lots of targets to sift through but the ratio of aluminum to brass wasn't that bad. Hopefully I can get back there next winter and do a little more exploring.

The areas covered the Colonial period onward. Here's what I got that seemed period enough to keep and share.

Daryl

Attachments

• Camp1A.jpg
    Camp1A.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 927
  • Camp2A.jpg
    Camp2A.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 940
  • Camp3A.jpg
    Camp3A.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 927
  • Camp4A.jpg
    Camp4A.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 918
  • Camp5A.jpg
    Camp5A.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 928
  • Camp6A.jpg
    Camp6A.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 929
  • Camp8.jpg
    Camp8.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 916
  • Camp13.jpg
    Camp13.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 919
Upvote 0

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
That is some very nice keepers,The Cavalry Button looks to be in great shape.I also like the SC Button.
Congrats,Hope to see more pics next winter :thumbsup:

fortbball9

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I see all these things you guys find in your fields and dream of living down south.

If you hunt the fields in northern Michigan all you'll get is back (maybe).

Nice finds,

Badger

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
nice stuff there Daryl :thumbsup:

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes........I am jealous!!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Daryl! Bouncing around the CW era on the finds. HH, Mike

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Talk about awesome finds! Those buttons look spectacular as well as the Seated Liberty Half dime! :thumbsup:

Mar 3, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70 , Ace 250
Not a Bad Start for the Season , I can Just imagine what your Total Booty for the Year will be , at this rate . Especially With today's technology , I'm sure there are many Areas that await Discovery In The the Carolina's , Keep up the Great work Prof. Keep us Posted 4 Sure . Arghh Matey! Shiver Me Timbers :icon_pirat:

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great haul on the Goodies! Bunch of great relics in that bunch, WTG :thumbsup:

Cw

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OP
OP
BioProfessor

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Sorry to say but most of my detecting is over until next November. I head back to Minnesota next Tuesday and hunting around there is like trying to strike matches on marshmallows. Tot lots and some old farm houses is about as good as it gets. I guess I could go out to the Ingall's place and see what they left behind.

In May, I wind up in Amsterdam. Really old place but no places to detect. Every now and then I get to hunt a basement, a hay field, or a construction place. Having no wheels makes it almost impossible. So I try and hook up with a few friends and give the old parks and fields a shot. The main problem is just about every inch there is either in crop or covered in concrete or asphalt. Just tough.

So I may not have anything to post for quite a long time. I may luck up in the Netherlands. If I do, I'll let you know. There's quite a bit of Roman, Medieval, and Colonial so maybe I'll have someone take pity on me and take me out somewhere.

Gotta love the south.

Daryl

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some great finds there!

I especially like the early musket trigger guard. :thumbsup:

Best Wishes,

Buckles

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BioProfessor said:
Sorry to say but most of my detecting is over until next November. I head back to Minnesota next Tuesday and hunting around there is like trying to strike matches on marshmallows. Tot lots and some old farm houses is about as good as it gets. I guess I could go out to the Ingall's place and see what they left behind.
In May, I wind up in Amsterdam. Really old place but no places to detect. Every now and then I get to hunt a basement, a hay field, or a construction place. Having no wheels makes it almost impossible. So I try and hook up with a few friends and give the old parks and fields a shot. The main problem is just about every inch there is either in crop or covered in concrete or asphalt. Just tough.
So I may not have anything to post for quite a long time. I may luck up in the Netherlands. If I do, I'll let you know. There's quite a bit of Roman, Medieval, and Colonial so maybe I'll have someone take pity on me and take me out somewhere.
Gotta love the south.
Daryl
Great finds Daryl, glad to see you got out and found a place to search, the bad thing is that its not nextdoor. Darn, everytime
something is good, something else comes up and spoils it (now distance).... Beautiful photos, great work. What is that thing
in the third photo, the thing after the 2 great coins...?

A tip, put the marshmellows in some liquid nitrogen, and use the old fashioned matches. It will work, so you will have some light
in any case.

Nice to hear you will be coming again to Holland, although like you say its hard without wheels. I have done some seaching now
with the train and bus, and although it takes longer it's not so bad. We should be able to get out this year, and hopefully go to
the south. Will have a little more time this year.... What day are you coming here?

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the bunch of buttons :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions