Most relics I ever found, at Rev Site, Many Pics Please help identify

Con

May 21, 2006
NJ
Detector(s) used
White's Vision
Well it was raining this morning, told the wife I was still going :), of course she called me crazy but I had to try a site that I researched. It seemed like ti was never searched and was clean, very little trash. So my buddy and I, who isn't mding just wanted to see what it was like marched onward. I like some assistance on identification if possible. Many of you on this forumn have helped me in the past and really know your stuff. Whether or not some of these items are from the Rev War I don't know.
I believe my first find was a buckle which I pictured fromt and back. It seems to be brass and it hit on my DFX at relic mode in the 70's range. It was about 5 inched deep.
The second Item is some type of key, I don't know if this is from a clock or a gas latern key from a camp, I couldn't even really know a date on something like that.
My third is the most interesiting, I thought it was just banged up metal, but when i washed it it looks like sometype of award medal. I have scanned the front and back, the coin is to give it size. It is very heavy and hit in the 50-60 vdi range. This piece was about 4-5 inched deep. I have also found which looks like to be shot musketballs. One in a base of a tree.
I have also found some sort of jingle bell, it is a size of about a quarter. It still has the little ball inside so it rings and is heavy . That was about 6 inched deep. I also found something under tree roots which needs electrolysis to get an idea what it is.

If there is any information that you coul share with me on these items especially the buckle and the medal I would really appreciate the help. If you can date any of these items that would rock because I put the dates in my shadowbox. Thank You All for the help

Con

Attachments

• buckle.jpg
    buckle.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 583
  • index.jpg
    index.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 505
  • Bell.jpg
    Bell.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 444
  • key.jpg
    key.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 502
  • Medal Back.jpg
    Medal Back.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 534
  • Medal front.jpg
    Medal front.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 534
  • bacl of buckle.jpg
    bacl of buckle.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 582
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Con

Con

May 21, 2006
NJ
Detector(s) used
White's Vision
Creeper,
It is a crotel Bell thanks for the help , Now I will try to date it. That's awesome first one ever

F

Felinepeachy

Cool finds!! :thumbsup: I resized the ones that were ENORMOUS LOL :tongue3:

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 514
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 513
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 458

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First picture is a buckle protector.

OP
OP
Con

Con

May 21, 2006
NJ
Detector(s) used
White's Vision
Thanks Feline
I suck at posting pics :)

Findone

Jan 20, 2006
COPE SOUTH CAROLINA
Detector(s) used
DFX,XLT and Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the second set of pictures, the top picture is of a clock key, used
to wind old clocks.
Nice group of finds.
Leon

Marbleguy

Nov 2, 2008
The brass key you have found,I have found it's twin...

Excavated it at great depth under the desert sands of the old dumpsite just outside of the ghost town where I live of Trona,Ca. Found it back in remote Boroslavy Canyon up against the Argus Range of mountains. I'd date it 1920s/30s. Had to be the key to an old grandfather clock.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice lot, the buckle looks to me as a horse harness buckle. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread