nevrdundetecting

Sep 26, 2005
Wayne Co., WV
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, White's Prizm III, Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Pro-Find 15 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went back to the city park today and found this 1928 buffalo nickel at the base of an old tree, it was just under a layer of soil and dried grass, I guess that the tree had pushed it up thru the years, also found an old "UMCCo No 12 Nitro Club" shotgun shell butt, the last year that shells were marked this way was 1911 when Remington bought out UMCCo and called it Rem UMC...the shell was about 5" down.

After the park I returned to the old homesite back in the woods and found 4 wheats and 2 memorial pennies and some kind of Anniversary token thing, the hole in the middle is the exact same size as a penny, I just wonder if the wheat that I cant see the date on was in the middle, maybe if its a '55. The Medallion says "Sunbeam Bread with 3 Great Food Extras" on one side and "Mootz's Golden Anniversary 1905-1955" on the other. I also found another old wine bottle just like the one from yesterday, also in perfect condition. Here's a pic of the site too.

HH

Attachments

• Park Finds (Medium).JPG
    Park Finds (Medium).JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 418
  • Homesite finds (Medium).JPG
    Homesite finds (Medium).JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 427
  • Homesite.JPG
    Homesite.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 419
  • Homesite Well.JPG
    Homesite Well.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 413
Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Nevrdun,

looks like you had a busy day. Nice finds. Love those old homesites, never know what you will find.

have a good un...........
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That token is neat, and those buffalo nickles are not that easy to find.

F

Floater

Cool finds NeverDun, Looks Like The Trees are losing there leaves too,should nt be too long before the Brush dies off and you can really get into that old area. HH

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff ndd!!! Love that buffalo nickel!

Nana ;)

OP
OP
N

nevrdundetecting

Sep 26, 2005
Wayne Co., WV
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, White's Prizm III, Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Pro-Find 15 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yeah I can't wait until the leaves and brush all go, there's a place in the woods on some state park land here that I want to go to, I found the location on a topo map from maptech.com, the map was surveyed in 1900 and it shows 3 houses or other structures all within close proximity of one another just off of one of the nature trails at the park, I've been there before but I couldn't find any remains of the structures, but it may have just been too grown up, however I did find a few glass-lined, zinc jar lids. ?I hope to return there in a week or two and hopefully I can better identify the locations of the structures on the map.

HH

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!

HH

Lonewolfe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread