On the Right Path Updated

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey guys back again tonight. Still working on these pics but it's getting there. I don't have all the relics attached because I am having a few slight problems. Should have them up tomorrow and I'll add them to this post.

I got 7 Wheaties this weekend and a 39 nickle. Some early dates but no mint marks. Got another 14 plain. I have a handful of fourteens with no D on them. I'm waiting to see a D on one soon. I did get a 1881 Indian today. Was the only keeper for the weekend. But like the topic says I was on the right path just didn't hit alot of keepers this weekend.

I found this really neat old gold type charm. I'll explain it to you guys. Picture is a little blurry I think from the olive oil on it. It has a flower in the middle with a stone on it. The front is the same as the back but no stone in the flower on the back. It has a loop at the top were it once hung from a chain or something. It is put together so you can see through it. Kind of like if you had 2 of the same pieces and you tilted them to hold one another upwards.

It sits on this base and at the bottom in old English lettering is the initials of someone. V.J.A.F. I thought it was neat. It was very tough to clean and I did the best I could with it. Looks old from the 1800's. Has that heavy old gold gillting on it and almost looks real were it hasn't chipped away.

Here are the relics and clad. Don't have it perfect yet but it's getting there.

Let me know what you all think it may be.

Thanks for looking Jeremy

Attachments

• Hunt 10-16.jpg
    Hunt 10-16.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 405
  • Nice Artifact edited.JPG
    Nice Artifact edited.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 397
  • Nice Artifact 1.jpg
    Nice Artifact 1.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 405
  • Scan10013.JPG
    Scan10013.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 264
  • Scan10014.JPG
    Scan10014.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 252
Upvote 0

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: On the Right Path

Good finds Jer, you seem to be finding good stuff. Congrats !

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola

Great finds!! Is that a copper ring? That charms neat! Can't wait to see all the relics you found! Were you actually on a path?

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Great digs Jer,,,WTG!!!
That gold type charm looks similar to something I found a while back:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,11619.msg84200.html#msg84200

Not exactly the same, but looks like they are definitely from the same era...
The one I found doesn't have a loop at the top, but rather a small threaded tip, like it was made to screw into something...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

Good finds. Always good to get other stuff besides coins. Wheats are good looking. Half of the ones I found this weekend were unreadable.

Bob

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cool digs Jer,

HH

Lonewolfe

Mississippi Yankee

Jul 22, 2005
Petal MS

JerDfx said:
I got 7 Wheaties this weekend and a 39 nickle. Some early dates but no mint marks. Got another 14 plain. I have a handful of fourteens with no D on them. I'm waiting to see a D on one soon.

Don't blame you a bit for being Greedy for a D. I Sold a 14-D on ePay last month for $202.50.? ? ;)

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great job jer!! Its good to see you back at it again.I love your descriptive posts.Good luck and happy hunting.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every time I see those old artifacts displayed I immediately form a mental image of the person or persons using them for whatever use intended. Very gratifying. Excellent! Monty

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Is that a musketball in the second pic, cool! Whats some of the headstamps on the rimfires? You did a ton of diggin thats for sure :o

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Thanks for all the replies. It was all woods and path finds. No Jake it's not a musket ball but does look like one. It is just a hollow ball of some sort. Yeah the ring is copper and was gilded at one time. It is really think in width. I'd say like a 11mm. The charm looks Indian and silver. It was all black. I polished it up no corrosion and it is none magnetic.

I hear ya Jimmy you can get a good mental picture of it all just from the artifacts.

Wasn't trying to sound greedy about the 14. But you know how I feal. NorthEast is great for coins. Mint marks are scarce though. You do find them but not in a abundance.

Thanks Leon. It is similar. I just thought it was a cool trinket. Very old and it actually had the initials of someone's name on it.

Rich in Texas

Jun 23, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MXT X2, Exploder, and Classic III
Nice digs! I like seeing all the other stuff that comes up with the goodies. It shows how you dig signals! I keep a 10 gallon bucket strapped in the corner of my truck bed for the junk. It gets full fast!

Rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread