CHECK OUT THESE ROMAN COINS!

Gettintoknowsomethin

Feb 15, 2009
Long Beach CA.
Detector(s) used
$49.99 Radio Shack
A fellow detector friend in the country of Wales was kind enough to send me a nice bunch of Roman coins he found in his country!. I think its so cool to be able to hold something so ancient in my hand and to be able to add them to my coin colection!. I will have their date information in a couple of days. Here is some photos! #1 coin is silver the others I dont know yet

Attachments

• 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 867
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 852
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 853
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 847
Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Gettintoknowsomethin

Gettintoknowsomethin

Feb 15, 2009
Long Beach CA.
Detector(s) used
$49.99 Radio Shack
Its something how those guys over there find these kind of coins as common as we find pennies! He gave these to me at no cost! Nice guy!

aaron7

Aug 24, 2005
Townsend, MA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Never heard of strict exportation laws on Roman coins. They are all over eBay so I don't think they can be THAT strict!

Very nice coins though! Still haven't found an easy way to identify them though.

stillgottawork

Jun 6, 2008
New York
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT , Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
" Hail Ceaser "............ it is pretty cool holding something that you know is thousands of

years old..........nice friend....cool coins.....(send more).. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Gettintoknowsomethin

Gettintoknowsomethin

Feb 15, 2009
Long Beach CA.
Detector(s) used
$49.99 Radio Shack
The folks over in Wales are VERRY knowledgeable about these type of coins. I will have all the info on each of them later today. I will share it here when I receive it.

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:read2: :icon_cheers: :read2: :icon_cheers: :read2: :icon_cheers: :read2: :icon_cheers: :read2: :icon_cheers:

A good gift the Wales, nº 235679 is the centuries the history of IV, V DC and the first nº1 is Silver Antonianum seems Emperors and the centuries II, III dc.
Greetings from Europe to our brothers on the other side!

THE Nº3 COIN.(VALENTINIANUS EMPEROR)

Flavius Valentinianus (321 - November 17 375) was emperor of the Western Roman Empire from 364 until 375. Cibalis Born in Pannonia, son of Gratian the Elder.

Began as the official guard Julian and Jovian, and was promoted to senior imperial service. Robust features and distinguished appearance, highlighted by his great courage and military capacity. He was elected emperor when he was 44 years for officers of the regiment of Nicaea in Bithynia, on February 28 from 364, and soon thereafter appointed his brother Valente colleague with him, as emperor.

The two brothers agreed Naissus (Nissa) the partition of the Empire. As emperor of the West, got Valentiniano Italy, Illyrian, Hispania, Gaul, Britain and Africa, Valente leaving the eastern half of the Balkan Peninsula, Greece, Egypt, Syria and Asia Minor to Persia. His reign was shaken by the revolt of Procopius, a relative of Julian. Valente succeeded in defeating Thyatria (Lidia) at 366, and Procopius was executed shortly thereafter.

During the short reign of Valentiniano I had wars in Africa, Germany and Britain, and Rome began to have conflicts with the barbaric peoples who first heard talk: Burgundian, Saxons, alamanes ...

The emperor's main task was to monitor the borders and conducting military operations. Installed its first headquarters in Milan, to appease northern Italy. The following year (365) settled in Paris and then in Reims, to direct operations of his generals against alamanes.

This town, defeated Scarpona (Charpeigne) and Catelauni (Chalons-en-Champagne) Jovine were expelled by the right bank of the Rhine, and were well guarded by a chain and strong military. At the end of 367 crossed the Rhine by surprise, attacking and plundering Moguntiacum (Mayence). Valentiniano countered and defeated in Solicinium pyrrhic, since the low in the Roman army was so large he had to abandon the idea of continuing his campaign against alamanes.

In 374 peace was signed with Macriano, King of the alamanes, which then became a faithful ally of Rome. The following year was spent organizing the defenses Valentiniano the border of the Rhine, and personally supervising the construction of numerous strengths.

During his reign the coasts of Gaul were looted by pirates Saxons, who along with pictos necklines and from Britannia struck the wall of Hadrian to the coast of Kent. In 368 Theodosius old was sent to repel the invaders. To achieve a new British province called Valentia in honor of the emperor.

In Africa won by default Firmo prince, who was joined by many of the inhabitants of the province, out of desperation by the cruelty and extortion to which they subjected the Roman military governor. Once again requested the services of Theodosius, who landed in Africa with a small group of veterans. Firmo suicide to avoid being taken prisoner.

374 in the quad, a Germanic tribe that lived in present Slovakia and Moravia, incited by building strong in what they considered their territory and by the treacherous murder of their king Gabino, crossed the river and settled in the province Pannon. In April the following year the emperor came to the Illyrian in front of a large army, but during a violent audience with the ambassadors in quad Brigetio, we launched a vessel to the head that caused a wound that he died on November 17 of that year.

THE Nº5,7,9(CONSTANTINUS EMPEROR)

Constantine I the Great (Naissus, February 27 272 - Ancycrona May 22 of 337) was Emperor of the Romans since its proclamation by his troops on July 25, 306, and ruled a constantly growing Roman Empire until his death.

Legalized Christianity by the Edict of Milan in 313, Constantine is also known for having consolidated the city of Byzantium (now Istanbul in Turkey), calling it "New Rome or Constantinople (Constantini-polis, the city of Constantine). Convened the First Council of Nicaea in 325, which gave legal legitimacy to Christianity in the Roman Empire for the first time. It is believed that this was essential to the expansion of this religion, and historians, from infancy and Eusebius of Caesarea to the present day, presented as the first Christian emperor, although he was baptized when he was on his deathbed

I could be wrong in some cases. the largest number of busts of coins continued to be carried out after the death of Emperor Constantine and above and the photos are slightly blurred, so that lack of coins in the back.
A health and safety of a colleague from the forum that tells you something.

Monuments of Constantine.

Good coins :wink:

:thumbsup:

Attachments

• oc28_003.jpg
    oc28_003.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 602
  • valentiniano1.jpg
    valentiniano1.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 629
  • 2910003533_72ff4fd712.jpg
    2910003533_72ff4fd712.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 604
  • 340x.jpg
    340x.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 606
  • 4907698_l.jpg
    4907698_l.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 595

tabdog

Aug 16, 2008
Bryant Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Euro Sabre, Vaquero, Silver Sabre uMax and 2 Compadres
Man oh man.

That is some kind of awsome.

I would be excited.

Just think. A coin from King Constantine's time.

Thank fer sharin,

Tabdog

steviewhite

Aug 25, 2008
West Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. , Expl.II & Excalibur
Would Love to Go Over there and hunt for that type of Old Roman Coins. I collect them and it would be a blast. Ur friend is nice to send them to you. Some of them aren't too cheap on ebay. Thanks for sharing them with us. Steviewhite -Fayetteville, WV

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
really neat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread