Last weeks silver trifecta!

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
I moved this winter, all the way to northern Wisconsin. The winter has been very long but finally got a warm spell last week and thought I might try the hundred acre park thats across the stree from my house. From the research I have done the park is over one hundred years old, so I had high hopes. I started hunting in what looked like a popular area and instantly got a nice deep penny signal, the problem was the ground was frozen pretty hard still but I managed to chip through and was rewarded with a nice 1900 indianhead. Was'nt long and I got another nice signal and was singing the sweet silver song, another adventure in ice chipping and pulled a nice 1923 merc. Now I am pretty jazzed, and not much longer and the silver flute is tooting! this time for a 1905 that i hit with my digger while dislodging it from its icy grave "OUCH!" good thing it was'nt a key date! I know am thinking I might be able to nail a silver trifecta and hope I can find a silver rosie to complete it. I decided to forget my frozen hands and toes and continue to swing for a few more minutes, I slowly start working my way back to my house when I get a serious screamer! The depth meter on my explorer is telling me I should be able to see this coin laying on the surface? I almost decide not to dig as the signal was so strong and shallow I think it might be a beer can or the like, but the pinpointer says its a small object so I start the ice chiseling routine. About 3/4 of an inch down I pull out a frozen chunk with gleaming silver sticking out! Man what a surprise! The best part is when I break the frozen clump I see a lady seated on a nice little dime:D Trifecta the hard way! Hope everyone else is having good luck as now its snowed on us again and looks like 2 more weeks of this white stuff >:(

HH
Slipperyjack47

Attachments

• Jacks  Coin  Pictures.jpg
    Jacks Coin Pictures.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 642
Upvote 0

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Now why didn't you hunt until you got the silver rosie also??? What would you call that...a quadfecta?

It's called a "Grand Slam"! :thumbsup:

Wow, Jack, 100 acres of over 100 year old park lands just waiting for you within walking distance from your house. Sounds like a perfect combo. Congrats on your trifecta.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds, Jack! Good luck on the rest of the park...we have high expectations for you! :)

HH

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
great pics!

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jack my friend, you are a pioneer, congrats on your finds.

Molly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions