Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the woods today, but decided not to go too far. I thought that since I had not hunted within eyesight of my house that I would just stay close and see what was there at the edge of the woods. First find....old shot gun shell....second find....slug...then a lock...says CAT....so maybe from one of the machines that leveled out the lot? Was very excited about that find as I have never found a lock. Went a little further down into the woods and found a couple of lug nuts? Then some nails and another shell. Decided to put on the snake chaps...always leery of the snakes around here...and I was going to a wash with really big rocks that the snakes are so fond of. Really didn't expect to find anything there, so I was just absolutely shocked when I found a COIN!!!! First coin I have ever found out there!!!! I was so excited that I didn't even realize that I had this really huge blister on the palm of my hand. It was 5" down and I could not make out what it was. Last find was of course the horseshoe...then I headed back to the house so I could wash the coin off..
The coin looks to be a Washington quarter.....and maybe the date of 1968...? I CAN"T READ IT!! UGH! Even if it is modern stuff I was so pleased to finally find a coin out there after six months of looking!

Nana ;)

Attachments

• 1018woodsedge.JPG
    1018woodsedge.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 399
  • 1018finds.JPG
    1018finds.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 395
Upvote 0

tb

Mar 24, 2005
WTG Nana,

Where there's one there's bound to be more...watch out for those snakes!

tb

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread