Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the woods today, but decided not to go too far. I thought that since I had not hunted within eyesight of my house that I would just stay close and see what was there at the edge of the woods. First find....old shot gun shell....second find....slug...then a lock...says CAT....so maybe from one of the machines that leveled out the lot? Was very excited about that find as I have never found a lock. Went a little further down into the woods and found a couple of lug nuts? Then some nails and another shell. Decided to put on the snake chaps...always leery of the snakes around here...and I was going to a wash with really big rocks that the snakes are so fond of. Really didn't expect to find anything there, so I was just absolutely shocked when I found a COIN!!!! First coin I have ever found out there!!!! I was so excited that I didn't even realize that I had this really huge blister on the palm of my hand. It was 5" down and I could not make out what it was. Last find was of course the horseshoe...then I headed back to the house so I could wash the coin off..
The coin looks to be a Washington quarter.....and maybe the date of 1968...? I CAN"T READ IT!! UGH! Even if it is modern stuff I was so pleased to finally find a coin out there after six months of looking!

Nana ;)

Attachments

• 1018woodsedge.JPG
    1018woodsedge.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 399
  • 1018finds.JPG
    1018finds.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 395
Upvote 0

TXKajun

Oct 12, 2005
Desert Southwest
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 750
Way kewl finds, Nana!! Congrats.

Snake chaps?? Yikes!!! LOL :o

You made a good point about the blister.....I've got a good set of heavy leather gloves I'll have to start carrying with me. Thanks for the tip. :)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, we're back to bullets huh? That's OK, I don't find many bullets in the woods, they're all on the children's play grouinds in the city! Darn fools anyway, shootin' up a playground! Smithers, release the dogs! Well, at lleast they don't ricochet when shot into t he chips. Nice finds Nana, keep at it. Monty

ashdigger

May 29, 2005
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
It always amazes me where you can find coins, in really strange places sometimes,

Way to pick it out Nana...Good Job....

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jake....The shot gun shell says Peters Ideal .... and the black around the lock is plastic! I didn't notice that till just now!

And yep...I need to wear my gloves TX...they are just so dang hot!

Now...I got a question... :D The slug I found....I remember reading on here somewhere that the old ones are white in color....so is this one that old and what caliber? Any guesses?

Thanks!

Nana ;)

Bout the same size as the dime...maybe a little bigger ;)

Attachments

• slug01.JPG
    slug01.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 356
  • slug02.JPG
    slug02.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 350

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Six months before your first coin out there? I'd have gave up about 5 months and 28 days ago! :D
Maybe it's the beginning of some good stuff to come, Congrats!

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
That lock is probably made to withstand hard impact, thus the maliable plastic covering it. The bullet is from the 1900's but its definetly not new.

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your quarter Nana! Even of it's clad, it's still cool finding it out in the boonies like that! HH!

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Congrats on the cool finds Nana. You need to come up here to northern Vermont. No poisonous snakes, spiders, ivy, or ticks. The 30 degrees below zero in the winter kills them all off. Take care...Lance

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
WTG Nana! I love finding the unexpected coin! I read on here once to always look where you don't expect to find anything! Works out pretty good sometimes!

Gloves...........Oh yeah!

Happy Hunting!

Moon

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd pound that site hard nana,

it looks to have great potential!

cool finds and HH!

Lonewolfe

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Nana,
CONGRATS on your COIN! Hooray :)
this could be your lucky site:) >>>>>>>>>
and it's right there for you! WOW!!!!
Snakes...oh No...yikes...
BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!
(~.~)

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice outing and congrats on that silver quarter. Any old swimming holes in your area? HH, Mike

R

rvbvetter

Snake chaps? Do people really ride them? ;D Is that horse shoe old? I don't know my horses. But that shotgun shell is pretty old from the looks of the deteriation. (I know the word, I just don't know how to spell it) Might be some real possibilities out there. Really neat finds!! WTG!! HH

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Good job Nana , your woodlot finally turned over its two bits H.H. JO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread