My $5 65 Whites Treasure Master Cost Me $269 This Morning!!

TXKajun

Oct 12, 2005
Desert Southwest
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 750
My $5 '65 White's Treasure Master Cost Me $269 This Morning!!

Yep, amazing how a $5 purchase can lead to soooooo much more in costs!? This hobby has started turning into an addiction (how many times have ya'll heard that? LOLOL).? Thanks everyone for the advice and encouragement to this newbie Treasure Hunter.? ?;D

I bought an Ace 250 Pro this morning off of ebay from Aardvarkmetaldetectors (a heck of a good deal, I think!)!!? WOO HOOOO!? All the bells, whistles, books, extra coil, strap, case, etc (except for volume adjustable headphones that I plan on getting from RS) that I could possibly want....for now anyway!? ?:o

Only 1 problem....we don't get any kind of decent shipping here to Carlsbad, NM from UPS, so it won't be here until late next week....and I have to go to Augusta, GA next week for work, then back here late Thursday nite and then I go deer hunting from Friday till Tuesday after I get back from GA!? Oh, woe is me!!!? I don't think I'll get to play with it properly until November 2!!? Ain't life hell sometimes???? ?;D

Again, thanks to all of you fine folks for the encouragement, support and advice over the last week or so.?

Have a great day and HH all!

Upvote 0

Mudslide

Sep 18, 2005
Brandon,VT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: My '65 White's Treasure Master Cost Me $269 This Morning!!

My advice- let the deer live another year and go play with your new detector instead! :D
Good luck!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: My $5 '65 White's Treasure Master Cost Me $269 This Morning!!

I'll be in the deer woods too and my metal detector will be with me. There's and old stagecoach weigh station just off my hunting lease that I have been waiting on fall to detect! If I score early, I can medal detect the rest of the season! Monty

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Save a deer, hunt with a metal detector! ;D

J/K!

Good luck, and HH with the new detector!

Lonewolfe

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No sympathy here, you're having a lot of fun, LOL! That Ace 250 has great reviews, probably a legend in the making. HH, Mike

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other

I hate to say I told you so, but..... My advise is enjoy the hunting, be it deer or treasure. God allowed us to be here in this great country where treasure and game abound! Good luck and HH! Chris

R

rvbvetter

Take the detector with you. I use to run across structures, while hunting, and sliding down one side of a ravine and scrambling up the other. But you might want to hunt alone. Your buddy's might consider you game. After the beeping runs the deer off. Enjoy your new detector. HH

mgdigger

Jan 31, 2004
Los Osos, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 and ACE 250

I think the deer should be able to shot back. Make it more exciting and challanging.

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado

You are in serious trouble now!!! That Ace 250 is gonna get you hooked sooooo! bad now.
You really need to be single and unemployed to own one LOL.
I 'd give you 6 months before you start looking for an underwater unit.
Dano.

R

rvbvetter

Mg That might make for a spectator sport. Providing the right type of glass is in front of the spectators. HH

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good luck deer hunting, hope you get to detect soon.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Good luck deer hunting....we get to deer hunt, wild hog hunt, alligator hunt, and treasure hunt here in Florida...have fun...the treasure will still be there when you get back.
bigcypresshunter
I almost forgot---beaver hunt too.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

mgdigger said:
I think the deer should be able to shot back.? Make it more exciting and challanging.

Deer cannot shoot back, but they sure can run. :D And their survival senses are amazing and certainly challanging. From hunting I have learned more about animals then I ever could read. And I have learned to love and respect such an incredible species and the environment they depend on. But this is another subject, and hunting is just another way to preserve the beautiful environment that all animals, game and non-game, need. Golf courses are practically void of wildlife.
Have a great time enjoying nature that you're deerhunting helps preserve.
bigcypresshunter

OP
OP
TXKajun

TXKajun

Oct 12, 2005
Desert Southwest
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 750

Thanks for all the warm thoughts and comments, ya'll. I've about decided that I'm going to take the Ace 250 with me deer hunting. If nothing else, during the day, I'll be able to read the manual and fiddle with it. Also, my hunting buddy mentioned he had lost a set of keys a couple of years ago. He thinks he knows where, so I may even be able to do some recovery work. That would be way kewl!

As far as the deer being able to shoot back, heck with their antlers and sharp hooves, they don't need any guns! :o LOL

And our golf courses here have tons of beasties....jack rabbits, road runners, ground squirrels, birds of all kinds and rattlesnakes even. Makes it a bit exciting sometimes to go out and play a round! ::)

Anyway, thanks for all the feedback folks! HH!

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Talking about hunting reminds me of something that happened during muzzleloader season last year. I crossed a canal at 5 am, hid my boat in some sawgrass, and carried my tree climber through the swamp until I reached a pine head. Started climbing the tree in the dark when I realized that I somehow lost the bolt from my rifle. I had to trace my steps back, across the canal and back to my truck. I could not find this part for the bolt-action and could not hunt all weekend.
Instead of ordering another for $89, I returned next week with my metal detector. My buddies thought I would never find it, but I knew I could. After searching around the tree and trail, I doubled back and found it under 2 feet of swamp water in the sawgrass muck by the canal. Apparently it caught on a branch and fell out when I was dragging the boat to hide it.
If the hurricane Wilma doesn't do too much damage, I plan on bringing my detector also. I could search the old camps and whiskey stills. Al Capone,s gang operated in this area during prohibition.
bigcypresshunter.

OP
OP
TXKajun

TXKajun

Oct 12, 2005
Desert Southwest
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 750

What a great story, bigcypresshunter! And a hearty "well done" for a very smart move. :)

Good luck on the Capone gang sites!

popcorn

Jun 18, 2005

skip deer hunting and try your new dector out you might find some thing better than a deer ;D

Orygun

Feb 21, 2005
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Technetics T2 Classic

Whats better than fresh venison? Ok maybe a chest full of gold coins but I still wouldn't miss deer season!

djduk00

Jun 7, 2005

Carlsbad NM? that is where I live too. Maybe we can get together sometime...............
From ordering parts at work I have found out that the bus is the fastest here. Never and I mean never do fed x is very slow due to airports in the area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread