Found something near those rock piles, dunno what it is though.

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
I finnaly found proof that stuff was lost while moving these stones here in these piles :)? Don't have any idea what it is though :P? Its made of iron i think but its creepy!? I got a hit that was decently loud next to one of the piles, i dug what i thought was around 8 inches! Then i hit water?? pulled it out and brought it home, swung the coil over it and at ten inches above the target it was still beeping!? I thought maybe it wasnt iron, usually it barely picks up iron unless its all metal mode...So i decided to clean it up for all you to see ::)? Upon knocking off some rust i swung it under the coil once more but whats this?? No signal?!?!? I put the pieces of rust under the coil, no signal!!? But before i knocked the rust off it got a signal at ten inches.... Pretty weird i think :o? anyways, i partially cleaned it up and heres a few pics, it has a crack in it on one part, but its not meant to be there.? Any ideas what it is? shown for size comparison is a paperclip :D Ill have pics under a seperate post, thanks :)

Attachments

• creepy.JPG
    creepy.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 513
  • creepy (1).JPG
    creepy (1).JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 510
  • creepy (2).JPG
    creepy (2).JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 505
Upvote 0

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hallo effect my young grasshopper simple as that.........as far as id ....?

OP
OP
JakePhelps

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Thats what i thought, but i put all the rust along with the item together and it still didnt signal! so it wasnt the removal of a halo :-\

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks Like a Handle or Buckle

Attachments

• indexc.jpg
    indexc.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 480
  • indexzx.jpg
    indexzx.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 471
OP
OP
JakePhelps

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Could be if one side was rounded, bit still might be a stationary handle....Like to a treasure chest!! :o or not... :-\

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
Apparently you were "meant" to find it. Did you hear the twilight zone theme coming from the trees? Just kidding! If it was a little more rounded on one end I would have thought it was a stirrup. Hope you find out!

vicki

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
It's a tie down bracket for a Z-34 Gershwin space ship from the planet Zukor. It's a trick alloy that is typically invisible to radar and metal detectors. It starts to lose it's power after only a few hundred millennium. You have a very old find there Jake!!! ::) ;D

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
DigEmAll said:
It's a tie down bracket for a Z-34 Gershwin space ship from the planet Zukor.? It's a trick alloy that is typically invisible to radar and metal detectors.? It starts to lose it's power after only a few hundred millennium.? You have a very old find there Jake!!!? ?::) ;D

Hey, that's what I was gonna say!!!! ::) ;D

resq937

Mar 6, 2005
so ok I assume it is detachable from the hand----still curious as to how the metal rusted so much yet the hand doesnt even appear to have lost any flesh -------- hmmmmmmmmm thinking a spaceship part might be far fetched everyone know that spaceships cant land on a pile of rocks---it'll damage the morticus lifter and also poses a risk to bending the landing gear

but for real it looks more along the lines of a rectangular metal majiggy--known in laymans terms a whatchamajigger

A

AK in KY

You all can't see the forest for the trees. It is obviously a frame for a paper clip.

I'll go with the harness part.

AK in KY

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Sorry,,, Not a clue...
Don't ya just hate the ones ya can't figure out...
Only guess I would have is part of a handle to a little red wagon, but I don't see where the long tongue bar would have been welded to it...
Good luck on th ID & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread