Riverside Camp Revisited More Brass, Lead and a 1862 I.H. Cent

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well despite the cold and wind we hit the riverside camp once again with high hopes of more large cents and early silver, but it simply was not meant to be this day. We did though find an interesting array of early 1800's relics and much fun was had so it wasn't a waste of time. Once again I found several musket balls of different calibers, a small lead pencil, waste lead, several brass flat buttons, pieces of pewter eating utensils, a brass heel tap, and far into the hunt I managed to squeak out an 1862 "Fatty" Indian Head cent. My treasure hunting bud, Nub09 has made a seperate post of his finds. Again he did well with his new Ace 250, and he says he really likes the detector. We were a bit disappointed by the lack of coin finds, but you can't always have a four large cent day like the last hunt, and we had a good time and that is what it is all about.

We can hardly wait until the dirt gets turned for planting and new relics come into good detection range. And by the looks of all the flint cast off pieces and tools we are finding this field is going to be really good for finding high quality Indian relics. Judging by the flint cast off waste I have eyeballed much of the flint used came from the flint ridge quarry as there is a wide variety of very colorfull flint pieces being found. There is also an equal amount of Deleware Co. flint. Hopefully very soon we will be posting some very nice Indian relics.

Also, not pictured is approx. fifty something pieces of aluminum can scrap, I'm telling you , this stuff is everywhere, along with about two dozen golf balls. :icon_scratch:

Thanks for looking, I hope these posts inspire folks to go get permission and hunt average looking farmfields next to major waterways.

Steve

Attachments

• rivercampfinds3.jpg
    rivercampfinds3.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 346
  • rivercampfinds5.jpg
    rivercampfinds5.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 340
  • rivercampfinds6.jpg
    rivercampfinds6.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 326
  • 1862centfrnt.jpg
    1862centfrnt.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 343
  • 1862cent.jpg
    1862cent.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 338
Upvote 0

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Steve,
Those are some nice finds. A lot of nice looking flat buttons and such. To produce that much means there is more. You can't always find LC's. :wink:

BTW - Farm fields don't exist for us city folk. ;D :D ;D

I haven't kept up with posting but at least last weekend's hunt for Nate and I is here:

http://clevelandtreasure.blogspot.com/

Bob

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That a great day of detecting. Those farmers hit an aluminum can and you have a 20' debree field !!!
Nice treasures !

TnMountains
P.s Hope to see you in the indian artifacts with some finds :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Goldiver

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mirage said:
Steve,
Those are some nice finds. A lot of nice looking flat buttons and such. To produce that much means there is more. You can't always find LC's. :wink:

BTW - Farm fields don't exist for us city folk. ;D :D ;D

I haven't kept up with posting but at least last weekend's hunt for Nate and I is here:

http://clevelandtreasure.blogspot.com/

Bob

Hey thanks Bob, I will be sure and check it out. Best of luck to you and Nate!

Steve

OP
OP
Goldiver

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TnMountains said:
That a great day of detecting. Those farmers hit an aluminum can and you have a 20' debree field !!!
Nice treasures !

TnMountains
P.s Hope to see you in the indian artifacts with some finds :thumbsup:

Thanks man, I am sure I will be posting more stuff there pretty soon.

Steve

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
Looks like you have a great place to hunt,You are finding some very nice relics.
Hope to see some more pics,I know that you will find some more keepers.
Congrats :thumbsup:

fortbball9

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
keep us posted

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread