My 65 Whites Treasure Master Keeps On Truckin

TXKajun

Oct 12, 2005
Desert Southwest
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 750
My '65 White's Treasure Master Keeps On Truckin'

Well, once again, an "oldie but goodie" came through. ;D

Got home from work today after stopping at Wally World to get a stud finder to try as a pinpointer and my son was rarin' to go! We went to one of the local parks and fired up the old White's TM and started doing some wood chipping. Well, it was soon obvious that the Stanley Intelli Sensor was both too sensitive and not specific enough to work as a pinpointer. Drat. >:( I'm going to return it tomorrow and try another one. Any suggestions?

After finding that out, my boy played and I wood chipped to the tune of 60 cents! My biggest day yet and first quarters found! WOO HOO!! If I'm doing this good with the old TM, I can't WAIT to see what I can do with my new Ace 250 Pro when it arrives. Here's a pic, I hope.

Happy hunting everyone!

Attachments

• 10-19-05 Finds.jpg
    10-19-05 Finds.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 308
Upvote 0

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: My '65 White's Treasure Master Keeps On Truckin'

It will be like night and day! Congrats.I hear good things about the 250. :)

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just go to Kellyco (on internet) and by a pinpionter specifically made for metal decting, a little expensive, but well worth all the time and effort needed to find sometning. I got one, and i was able to find stuff 2X faster than normally.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

You can get a White's 120mm Bullseye pinpointer for about $50-60. Try Kellyco or ebay. I have one and usually don't use it much. If you do a good job of pinpointing with your metal detector and get a decent depth reading it's pretty easy to find the coins. Most useful situations are for woodchipping, surface, and deep targets. IF you do a lot of woodchipping then the pinpointer will be a great tool - I have a hard time in the chips finding those coins. And of coarse the deep targets you don't always pinpoint too well or you don't know when to stop digging.

Bob

K

Kentucky Kache

I have a White's DFX detector that does a really good job of pinpointing. I don't know anything about the Ace 250, but If It's as good as the DFX, thats all you need.

fc3003

May 23, 2005
The Netherlands
Detector(s) used
DFX

I agree ,,if you got the DFX no need for a pinpointer ,,,its build right in there !

Mississippi Yankee

Jul 22, 2005
Petal MS

The ACE 250 has a built-in Pinpoint feature, but if there is ANYTHING I personally dis-like about my Ace, it is that....
almost ALWAYS seem to have problems with it. Have heard MANY other people complain about the same thing.

Anyone have one & figured out how to get around the problem ? ???

K

Kentucky Kache

Pinpointing Is the feature I brag most about on the DFX.

DirtyDon

May 5, 2005
rome.NY
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TXK: Check out this site. I got one of these detectors for a pinpointer and it works very well as a back up unit. Cant beat the price of $14.99http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=44628

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread