Best day Ive had in a long time

krimic

Mar 28, 2005
Metro East, Illinois
Best day I've had in a long time

Today I only had a short time to detect between school and work. So I went to an area where there is some sidewalk construction being done in the older part of town. Started detecting and to my surprise I found a lot of memorial pennies where the sidewalk would of been and of course had to find some pull tabs as well.. No metal detecting excursion is without pulltabs. Then half way down the sidewalk my detector starts going nuts. There was a coin right on top of the dirt. I gave it a quick glance and it was covered in hard clay all I could read was "D" in dime, so rather than scratch it up trying to pry the clay off of it. I put it in my pocket thinking "hooray" I found a merc. But when I got home and rinsed the clay off of it low and behold it was a 1909 Barber Dime. Other than that I found nothing but clad and a newer car key.. No picture of the clad and the key, we all know what that looks like.. So I think that I will have to get back over to the sidewalk construction here real soon!! Anyways thanks for reading and HH

Attachments

• sidewalk.jpg
    sidewalk.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 475
  • sidewalk2.jpg
    sidewalk2.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 471
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Best day I've had in a long time

WoW Krimic!!!!! :o

What a find!!! I know you were pleased with that coin!! Very beautiful indeed!

Nana ;)

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow ! Obviously it wasn't in circulation very long, such great condition. Congrats !

Z

ZumbroKid

Very good, there could be more down there. Get a iffy signal, kick some dirt away, signal gets stonger dig, and you should have another one.

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.

NICE! It looks as nice on here as it did in my hand,LOL! You can give it to me when it starts to take up to much room, just kiddin it's going to a much more noble cause than my retirement.

Keep it up buddy,
B.A.

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

She's a Beauty! I'd get down to the old part of town every chance I could, that sidewalk construction changes daily and should have new dirt most every time. With winter coming they probably won't waste much time getting the construction completed so... lunches, after dinner, before work! :D
There's got to be more goodies still there. ;)

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

What a beauty! I can only hope that soon I'll find something as good. I live in a really old town too but I've just got to get over my anxiety of hunting downtown or in alot of traffic. I'm pretty solitary when it comes to my hunting.

Thanks for sharing!

Moon

Slug Hunter

Oct 16, 2005
Tennessee

That's the best looking barber dime I have seen on this board for...well, ever. Granted, I have not been here long at all but all of my old goodies are worn almost flat. As the elders say, it looks like that one was dropped the week after it was made. hehe SWEEEET. Keep swinging.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

Krimic,

silver is always nice. Nice find.

have a good un..............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Great looking dime, WTG!!!
Get back to that sidewalk before they cover it all up...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

R

rvbvetter

I don't care if liberty did look like a man on the barber. They're still great to find.
Very nice!!! WTG!! HH

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Very nice coin!
Go back and search that sidewalk sloooow.

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great job!! WTG!!

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II

Kriminy Krimic...She's a beaut! Listen to Leon. Hustle back there-FAST. It's amazing how little time that dirt will be exposed before it's a shiny new sidewalk. Congrats~CO2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread