2 days finds, need help IDing a few things

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hey all, my brother, dad, and I each got out a few times within the last 2 days. The pickings were slim but we were able to manage a few keepers here and there. The weather has been beautiful here on Whidbey Island which is a huge plus(I'm sunburnt) haha. Anyways we hit an abandoned house, a park, a school, and a few other yards for short intervals each. The lock I believe is somewhat old although I know no specifics. The toy car is a Mercedes Benz 300 SL Gullwing, too bad I didn't find the real car or I'd be a few hundred thousand grand richer. The ring is one of those toy rings from Lord of the Rings. We did find one wheatie which is a 1930-s, and half of a Washington state tax token. We've also found quite a few shells and the remainder of a watch. I also found some sort of whatsit, I've found a few before and it is next to a nickel for size comparison. If anyone has any info on it that would be much appreciated. And the last special piece of the day is some sort of brass make up holder. Inscribed on it are "Louis Phillippe", "Angelus Rouge Incarnat", and "trade mark". If anyone has any info on this also let me know I'm very interested in it. Thanks for looking everyone and happy hunting

-Washingtonian

Attachments

• Apr6-7.jpg
    Apr6-7.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 357
  • Apr6-5.jpg
    Apr6-5.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 434
  • Apr6-6.jpg
    Apr6-6.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 391
  • Apr6-4.jpg
    Apr6-4.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 350
  • Apr6-3.jpg
    Apr6-3.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 465
  • Apr6-2.jpg
    Apr6-2.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 379
  • Apr6-1.jpg
    Apr6-1.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 802
Upvote 0

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some nice finds there....Matt

Likely Guy

Hey Washingtonian,

It's a Lipstick tube. Here's one link (but you have to sign in): http://archives.newyorker.com/default.aspx?iid=18179&startpage=page0000053

That magazine is from July 6, 1929. Look for "Anne Forrest, lovely star of many Broadway successes, with Louis Philippe, Parisian colorist and creator of Angelus Rouge Incarnat, as he studied her delicate..."

Art-deco so mid to late 20's? It's in good shape though, usually they're smashed flat.

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
cool finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread