2nd Time Out with DFX

baltjoe

Greenie
Sep 26, 2004
Pictured are some finds from my second time out with my DFX.? I know I have seen the item in the upper left corner before, is it part of an engine mount?? It is crumbling and falling apart (is it iron?).? The brass ball looks to be part of a bracelet or a brass top to something.? I do not know what the reeded thing is?? Any help?? The coins are all clad recent pennies and the globs are melted lead.? All of the keys were found next to the road within a few feet of each other.? Hopefully I will find some good stuff soon!!!

Thanks!

Baltjoe

Attachments

• October 19 finds.jpg
    October 19 finds.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 215
Upvote 0

Crutch

Sep 1, 2005
Springfield Tennessee
Detector(s) used
DFX / Eagle II SL 90
Aluminum and Zinc tend to look like that after being in the ground a while depending on the conditions. The reeded thing looks like a jaw from a drill motor chuck but usually they are not reeded but fluted.

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Cool finds! Thats definetly not iron, iron rusts not corrodes. Its a certain alloy i think, its a pain is all i know :-\ That key on the bottom looks kinda old.

SugarSand

May 4, 2005
Iowa
I think you're doing great and your way to some awesome finds!? The "reeded" thing looks like a small gas burner element.? Just like the ones I had in an old furnace from 1971, only those were over a foot long.? Will be stainless steel I think if it is one of those, and hollow made of sheet metal of course.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread