What did I find?

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
It's not a riddle because I don't know the answer! After work, I hit a playground that I hadn't seen in about a month. Got some clad, a pretty cool tiny Boy Scout pin and this doohickey. It's about 2 1/2" high... I've included two pictures of the front to show that the little silver 'arms' move pivot on the silver fastener in the middle. The back shows that there's a Plus sign - either marking "positive" or something to do with the Swiss Army folks! There are numbers beside the Plus sign: S16 and SX139. I Googled it for a bit and didn't come up with anything worthwhile, so I thought I'd pick your brains. Any thoughts? And, I promise to personally slap the head of the first person that suggests that it's an anal probe! LOL
Ruth

Attachments

• BACK TUFF BLUE.jpg
    BACK TUFF BLUE.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 855
  • FRONT TUFF BLUE.jpg
    FRONT TUFF BLUE.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 797
  • FRONT TUFF BLUE 2.jpg
    FRONT TUFF BLUE 2.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 793
Upvote 0
OP
OP
SaintSea

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
OMNI! I'm so glad you're still around and still churning out those fabulous answers!
It makes perfect sense now that you've sent the photo. The spring that allowed the silver pieces to open and securely close is missing, so the little arms just moved erratically in the blue housing. Now that I can see that they were once connected together, I can see how it could have been used to hook onto a belt loop, etc. What can I say except You're The Man! (once again!)
And thanks to all you others who provided helpful suggestions... and careful, RV...you got pretty close to deserving my promised head slap!
I'm heading back out today; it's a few days before Wilma hits so I'll concentrate on the mainland and save the coast for later. Maybe I'll come home with something else we can use to play "What The Heck Did I Find?"
Thanks again everyone,
Ruth

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a bottle opener!! You hold it on the metal nearest the rope and press your thumb and Pointer finger... ;D on the metal wedges, put the bottle in the hole and pry upwards.

Keep @ it and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions