A Few Goodies this evening

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey everyone, Went out for about an hr or so this evening with my son. Man this cold weather is coming through quick. We didn't do great but as long as I get one keeper it's a good trip. Found a 1904 V-nickle that is in beautiful shape for my grounds. They never clean this nice but once in awile. Wish it were a better date though. But I'll take them in this condition any day any date.

I also found this button that I think was attached to a jacket. It says on the front Welcome Chemical Works. More than 270 Highest Awards. It has a unicorn on the front of it. I know it's old because it was found a good 7 or 8 inches deep under a old thick tree root. Also found this beat up tag that says Licensed Under Dyer. Patented April 26th 1908 and May 18th 1909. Patented June 11th 1901. #05-40501. It was already dinged in the middle and the corner missing when found.

Hope you all like the stuff. If you know anymore drop me a line and let me know.

HH Jeremy

Attachments

• Nice V-Nickle.jpg
    Nice V-Nickle.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 343
  • Nice V-nickle Relics.jpg
    Nice V-nickle Relics.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 334
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VALVE STEM CAP

Attachments

• indexva.jpg
    indexva.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 316

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BETTER PIC of your Plate

Attachments

• indexv.jpg
    indexv.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 317

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BUTTON

Attachments

• indexbtn.jpg
    indexbtn.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 313

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watzits

Attachments

• indexvnu.jpg
    indexvnu.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 290
  • indexvb.jpg
    indexvb.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 286

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SORRY, I Couldn't Resist JER

MUCH EASIER for me TO SEE THIS WAY :D

Cool Finds !

Jeff

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Great finds! I love finding that old stuff that you just can't figure out what the heck it is! Makes it more fun to investigate and makes it valuable to you.

Thanks Jeff for fixing the pics! Alot easier on the eyes :o

Happy Hunting,

Moon

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Nice V Nickel. Other interesting stuff. How old was the site you were detecting? Private residence? I am still waiting for my first V nickel.

JerDfx said:
Man this cold weather is coming through quick.

HH Jeremy

Yeah, it kinda sneaks up on you... How late do you keep detecting? I would think after November it's pretty much over although last year it didn't get "snowy" and cold until around Christmas.

Bob

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That item at the bottom just right of center looks like the hammer from an old style revolver. The firing pin is attached to the hammer instead of the frame of the gun. Looks like a Smith and Wesson style. Monty

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Thanks everyone. No problem Jeff, If it makes it better I'm for it. Still haven't mastered this scanner yet. Getting there though. There's more on this thing than I can remember to do with. So I'm slowly letting it all sink in.

Not sure Monty it may be. I do find alot of shells bullets and gun parts here in the woods of P.A.

I was hunting a area directly behind alot of old houses. Some are abandoned in between. Some are really large and were mansions back in the day. The site is from the early 1800's to present. Most of the finds are from the turn of the century. There are paths back there and groves off the sides of the roads.

I have alot of acres to cover. So I'm constantly going over them shifting logs around walk it in different directions all the little tips I know about woods hunting go in affect.

Some winters I have detected through depending on how much there is for me to find. If I got a hot spot I don't care how cold it is. If things are the way they are now a few old coins per trip I'll go when it's above 30 and minimal snow 2 or 3 inches.

Hope this answers everything.

HH Jeremy

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With the American crab apple top, it seems like there are some very strange sexual activities that go on in America. ;D :o ::) ???

Keep up the good work, nice finds

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A nice mix of finds. A few good coins, a latch, brass casing, and a standoff. Looks like this site kept you guessing.

ED

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions