Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Diggincoinz

Dec 2004
    Wayne County, NY
    Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
    204 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

The past few weeks, another large cent, semi key date Merc, pics, pics, pics...

Someone should tell me how to post pics within my paragraghs instead of showing all the pics at the end of the story ...........

Hi, well this year so far has provided me with a record number of large cents. Lucky no.3 came up Thursday evening dated 1830. I'm just not used to seeing these come out of the ground!

A little recap... I've been working one property owners fields where there were 4 homesteads plus the existing Wagon Stop and what had been a Speak-Easy also in its history. I have found nothing there (probably been done by someone already) and the other 3 sites have produced a few keepers. Previously I have posted the 1800 LC and the two Canadian Tokens (1816 & 1830's) from these sites.

The 1st site has only provided me with just a few wheaties form the 1940's, having a hard time finding anything else there, not even a button.

The 2nd site on the 1874 map shows the homestead a bit back off of the road but I'm having difficulties pinpointing where it sat. This is where the Canadian tokens popped up and a skeleton key, also the silver thimble. But they were closer to the road, not where I expected to find much.

The 3rd & 4th sites sit near each other and the town had just layed in a gas line right thru where the home sat. Great! Now I have fresh dug dirt to play in. But first you must know that there's these two sets of huge power lines that run right in the back yard to these two sites, you know the one that are something ike 75ft tall and 30ft wide! It did give me some electrical interference at one site but other site was not much problem.

Site #3 is even closer to the power lines I only came up with a piece of flatware spoon.

Site #4 is where I dug the 1800LC in the fresh dug dirt from the gas line. This is where I found the clock key and one of the two skeleton keys. Only one is pictured here. I also came up with a '51 Rosie but it is damaged, a '57 Nickel, no wheaties, then finally the 1830 LC with the old lead bullet. Don't know anything about it though. All 5 buttons are from here too.

Elsewheres, at two other current home sites (friends) is a nice looking semi-key date 1938-D Merc but that one is damaged. Looks like somebody took a pair of tin snips to it! And a couple of play coins. Oh, with the dimes is a 1942 German coin.

Just yesterday I took a 1/2 day off work and went to a local school where they had scraped some dirt, got a couple of wheaties and a big token from Clyde, NY. Looks like a 100yr anniversary. Has some crud on the backside.

My brother's house (see my avator) I dug a real nice 1919 wheatie. Looks better in person than the pic.

And finally, the Mrs. brought home a beauty 1944-S wheatie from the cash drawer. Near mint! Origianal red-copper color and luster. Ain't worth diddly tho, but sweet!

Okay, the wife has had her say! Honey-do list is filling up. Got 8 new replacement windows to put in, lawn to clean up, get the tractor ready for the season, transplant a couple of small trees, burn some brush, clean out the garage!

Yes Dear! . . . . . . . Thanks for looking ya'll !
    Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coinzcollec.JPG 
Views:	481 
Size:	161.4 KB 
ID:	287317   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3306.JPG 
Views:	492 
Size:	241.1 KB 
ID:	287318   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ClydeNYtoken.JPG 
Views:	481 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	287319   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3312.JPG 
Views:	480 
Size:	276.4 KB 
ID:	287320   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3311.JPG 
Views:	482 
Size:	323.0 KB 
ID:	287321  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3310.JPG 
Views:	464 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	287323   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3316.JPG 
Views:	463 
Size:	317.5 KB 
ID:	287324  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    .~.~.~.~. Dig it up .~.~.~.~.

us
    Sep 2008
    Tamaqua Pa
    V3i
    15 times

Re: The past few weeks, another large cent, semi key date Merc, pics, pics, pics...

Nice finds

us
    Mar 2009
    Seymour, Indiana
    Minelab - Safari
    24 times

Re: The past few weeks, another large cent, semi key date Merc, pics, pics, pics...

Nice haul !!!!!!! I like the LC, I'm still looking for my first LC. Congrats

HH Joe (Finman)

Mar 2008
    upstate ny
    se pro
    8 times
    dirty pennies
    Banner Finds (1)

nice assortment. always like legible back marks on buttons. good luck with the honey-do list.
    dirty pennies...

us
    Dec 2008
    Michigan
    Ace 250
    407 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: The past few weeks, another large cent, semi key date Merc, pics, pics, pics

wow what a great bunch of finds! big congrats on the merc! best of luck and HH
    CRH Totals 2009

Wheats 90
    Pre 1960 105
    Buffalo 5
    War Nic 2
    Merc 0
    Rosie 15
    Wash. Quarter 2
    Walking 0
    Franklin 0
    90% 1
    40% 12
    Canadian Silver 3

us
    Ace250man

Jul 2004
    Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let me detect!
    ace 250
    104 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)

way to go on all of those great looking finds...
    ALLEN

us
    Aug 2007
    Topsham, Vermont
    Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
    353 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Super finds ! Looks like you will be finding treasure from these spot for quite a while.

Dont worry, I post my pics at the end too VPR

us
    Oct 2008
    Laguna Hills California
    Whites DFX, Whites V3
    1 times

Nice Finds WTG

us
    Freelance Artist/Former 12Bravo/21Bravo

Oct 2007
    Iowa
    Tesoro Cortes,Golden Sabre II, & Inca!
    7 times

Love that 1830 L.C.
    http://JasonGirardArt.com

Combat Engineer * 2006-2014 * "Operation Enduring Freedom" * Afghanistan * 2010-2011
    2nd Brigade * 34th Infantry Division * 832nd Combat Engineer Co.
    Attached to 113 Cavalry/Task Force RedHorse

us
    My Find of a Lifetime!

Oct 2006
    Philadelphia Area
    White's V3i, MX Sport, Minelab Excalibur 1000, Teknetics T2 SE
    372 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Re: The past few weeks, another large cent, semi key date Merc, pics, pics, pics

Quote Originally Posted by Diggincoinz
    Someone should tell me how to post pics within my paragraghs instead of showing all the pics at the end of the story ...........

Chris
    All you have to do is click on the first icon (Inline Attachment- It is the camera with red). Click it in the spot you want it placed. One for each photo posted. Then change the numbers to correspond to the order of the photos: Attachment 1, Attachment 2, etc.

You can always modify your message if you mess up, so don't worry!

Fantastic finds, BTW!!!

May 2007
    10 times

Neat finds!!!!

us
    Sep 2007
    N. San Diego County
    Ace 250
    17 times
    Metal Detecting

Outstanding hunt I found a key like yours last year at my old 1836 homesite

us
    Feb 2009
    Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
    1 times

very nice

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links