The past few weeks, another large cent, semi key date Merc, pics, pics, pics...

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone should tell me how to post pics within my paragraghs instead of showing all the pics at the end of the story :tongue3: ...........

Hi, well this year so far has provided me with a record number of large cents. Lucky no.3 came up Thursday evening dated 1830. I'm just not used to seeing these come out of the ground! :tongue3:

A little recap... I've been working one property owners fields where there were 4 homesteads plus the existing Wagon Stop and what had been a Speak-Easy also in its history. I have found nothing there (probably been done by someone already) and the other 3 sites have produced a few keepers. Previously I have posted the 1800 LC and the two Canadian Tokens (1816 & 1830's) from these sites.

The 1st site has only provided me with just a few wheaties form the 1940's, having a hard time finding anything else there, not even a button.

The 2nd site on the 1874 map shows the homestead a bit back off of the road but I'm having difficulties pinpointing where it sat. This is where the Canadian tokens popped up and a skeleton key, also the silver thimble. But they were closer to the road, not where I expected to find much.

The 3rd & 4th sites sit near each other and the town had just layed in a gas line right thru where the home sat. Great! Now I have fresh dug dirt to play in. But first you must know that there's these two sets of huge power lines that run right in the back yard to these two sites, you know the one that are something ike 75ft tall and 30ft wide! It did give me some electrical interference at one site but other site was not much problem.

Site #3 is even closer to the power lines I only came up with a piece of flatware spoon.

Site #4 is where I dug the 1800LC in the fresh dug dirt from the gas line. This is where I found the clock key and one of the two skeleton keys. Only one is pictured here. I also came up with a '51 Rosie but it is damaged, a '57 Nickel, no wheaties, then finally the 1830 LC with the old lead bullet. Don't know anything about it though. All 5 buttons are from here too.

Elsewheres, at two other current home sites (friends) is a nice looking semi-key date 1938-D Merc but that one is damaged. Looks like somebody took a pair of tin snips to it! And a couple of play coins. Oh, with the dimes is a 1942 German coin.

Just yesterday I took a 1/2 day off work and went to a local school where they had scraped some dirt, got a couple of wheaties and a big token from Clyde, NY. Looks like a 100yr anniversary. Has some crud on the backside.

My brother's house (see my avator) I dug a real nice 1919 wheatie. Looks better in person than the pic.

And finally, the Mrs. brought home a beauty 1944-S wheatie from the cash drawer. Near mint! Origianal red-copper color and luster. Ain't worth diddly tho, but sweet!

Okay, the wife has had her say! Honey-do list is filling up. Got 8 new replacement windows to put in, lawn to clean up, get the tractor ready for the season, transplant a couple of small trees, burn some brush, clean out the garage!

Yes Dear! . . . . . . . Thanks for looking ya'll !
Chris

Attachments

• coinzcollec.JPG
    coinzcollec.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 576
  • 100_3306.JPG
    100_3306.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 584
  • ClydeNYtoken.JPG
    ClydeNYtoken.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 576
  • 100_3312.JPG
    100_3312.JPG
    175.8 KB · Views: 570
  • 100_3311.JPG
    100_3311.JPG
    210.5 KB · Views: 573
  • 100_3309.JPG
    100_3309.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 573
  • 100_3310.JPG
    100_3310.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 553
  • 100_3316.JPG
    100_3316.JPG
    207.1 KB · Views: 555
Upvote 0

Finman

Mar 21, 2009
Seymour, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab - Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul !!!!!!! I like the LC, I'm still looking for my first LC. Congrats :thumbsup:

HH Joe (Finman)

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
nice assortment. always like legible back marks on buttons. good luck with the honey-do list.

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: The past few weeks, another large cent, semi key date Merc, pics, pics, pics

wow what a great bunch of finds! big congrats on the merc! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: best of luck and HH

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
Super finds ! Looks like you will be finding treasure from these spot for quite a while.

Dont worry, I post my pics at the end too :wink: VPR

Jazdo

Oct 11, 2007
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes,Golden Sabre II, & Inca!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that 1830 L.C.

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: The past few weeks, another large cent, semi key date Merc, pics, pics, pics

Diggincoinz said:
Someone should tell me how to post pics within my paragraghs instead of showing all the pics at the end of the story :tongue3: ...........

Chris

All you have to do is click on the first icon (Inline Attachment- It is the camera with red). Click it in the spot you want it placed. One for each photo posted. Then change the numbers to correspond to the order of the photos: Attachment 1, Attachment 2, etc.

You can always modify your message if you mess up, so don't worry!

Fantastic finds, BTW!!!

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread