A couple firsts for me today

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
There was an old house nearby that recently was demolished, so a friend and I went down with our detectors to check it out. We hunted for about an hour and a half, and found a couple good finds. Lots of junk, but that was to be expected. My first signal sounded pretty good and wasn't too deep - a 1924 wheatie. Now I know there's gotta be silver hiding somewhere. Found a clad quarter, an old fishing weight, some nails. Nothing really spectacular. I did find an old ceramic or porcelain jar lid, though. It says "Consolidated Fruit Jar Company - New York". Anybody have any info on this?

We moved away from the spot where the house was, over to near an old tree. I figured people would have gathered here for picnics back in the day. My last signal for the day was a first for me. I cut the plug, and out popped a 1943 silver quarter. My first silver in over a year of detecting. I was thrilled! I'm gonna try and get back to that spot sometime this weekend and see if there's more.

No camera, so no pics. Thanks for reading and HH all!

Upvote 0

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! I bet it felt great, especially with the amount of time since you last found silver. Good luck going back! 8)

Jazdo

Oct 11, 2007
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes,Golden Sabre II, & Inca!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After you clear most of the trash.. more treasure will show !

mcmurphi

Feb 5, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX • Fisher CZ-21
Congrats on that quarter! Get back there and swing nice and slow....there has got to be more.

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ceramic lid was common on earlier mason jars used for canning. They did not have the kind we use today (tin)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread