Four early Indians and lots more!

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Had an absolutly fantastic day down at the 1780 house today. Started in the button field and only found one button. Moved over to the field on the other side of the house. I really had only found tin cans in it when I first looked. I decided to go to the back part of the field, and boy, am I glad I did. I found four early Indian heads including a 1859 copper/nickel type one without the shield on the reverse, (the first indian head penny), and 1863 CN an 1864 and 1865 copper all in pretty good condition. I also found a silver plated belt buckle, two more buttons, a bell with the clapper still in it, a fantastic pewter horse bridle rosette with beautiful detail, and two suspender clasps, one says imperial on it and the other says patented October 1871. But my favorite finds for the day was a childs miniture flat iron and cooking pot. Both would date from the mid 1800's. The weather was great and the finds were plentiful. Now we have another week of rain to look forward to. I will post some more pictures in a second posting. Thanks for looking....Lance

Attachments

• Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 227.jpg
    Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 227.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 399
  • Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 228.jpg
    Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 228.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 400
Upvote 0

Mississippi Yankee

Jul 22, 2005
Petal MS
comfyinvermont said:
Mississippi Yankee said:
At least for now, I sure wish I lived back up in the Northeast.

Sure seems to be a WHOLE LOT of better sites to hunt up there. ( None of those pesky hurricanes either? ;) )

GREAT JOB !!
No hurricanes, but this morning it snowed...Lance

Please don't send it my way !!

Had more than enough of it for 26 Years in the Rochester N.Y. area. Don't miss it a bit.? ?;)

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE
very nice finds lance...keep up the great work.i don't think the rain is ever going to stop here in New Hampshire..we have lost parts of towns there has been so much rain...hope it stops before the ground freezes..has not snowed yet but Mount Washington got about 36''..

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Excellent finds on those early Indians.The relics are outstanding.
Having the moist ground seems to be an aid in helping you recover those older deeper targets.
Beautiful picture of the area you are hunting.I think fall is my favorite time of year for detecting.
Best of luck to you. ? HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread