Still Gold in Puerto Rico!!!

KIRKCO

Tenderfoot
Oct 24, 2005
Arecibo, P.R.
Hi!
i few weeks a go my dad went the river side near the ocean & took 2 or 3 cubes of 5 gallons each of rocks and gravel and took it to his house and start panning for gold, and he found a few small nuggets and flakes inisde of a rock, so theres still gold in Puerto Rico; i hope more comes out, ja,ja,,,,Here's the Photo i took a few more of them. :o :o :o

Attachments

• Nuggets2.jpg
    Nuggets2.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 394
Upvote 0

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
KIRKCO,
Thanks for the post and pictures. Now I'm getting greedy. Could you take another picture with a ruler or known coin so we can estimate size? Looks like a good haul from just a few buckets.
grizzly bare

OP
OP
KIRKCO

KIRKCO

Tenderfoot
Oct 24, 2005
Arecibo, P.R.
Hi!

That nuggets are very small and the flakes too, the nuggets are about 1/4 to 1/2 inch diameter, Flakes very small, but wen i used the zoom of the digital camera and fix it with the photoshop it look incredible bigger! just to let you know the aprox diameter & to take more photos a have to travel 1:40 minutes to my parents house in the other side of the island. i just put this post to show what my dad found.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Thank,s? Kirk

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool finds!

HH

Lonewolfe

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting post, hope you find more! ?HH, Mike

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
I have a news flash for you. 1/4 to 1/2 " nuggets are LARGE in todays standards. Not small. You better hit that spot HARD.
Spotz ( Check it out under goldprospectorsofamerica.com ) GPAA

OP
OP
KIRKCO

KIRKCO

Tenderfoot
Oct 24, 2005
Arecibo, P.R.
Hi!

That's my Dad said!!! there have to be more in that river, because we found a lot silver nuggets in the same spot or area. theres a small bridge on the river and is like 50 to 100 feet from the ocean and we all the rain in this months i think everything is going to the botton of the ocean. dont know! Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread