Two new points in one week!

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
Hey all,
Had a great time at the show in St.Charles on sat. but didn't meet up with Steve or Alan. If you were there I'm sorry we didn't get to meet each other, but hope you had a good time as well. Here are two points I bought off Steve Lee of The Relic Shack, one is a Cobbs blade that is 5 inches long I recieved in the mail on Thursday, it's the one on the left. The other I got from him at the show on Sat. and is a Graham Cave. The Cobbs is a preform for most early archaic point types. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Cobbs n Graham Cave.JPG
    Cobbs n Graham Cave.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 325
Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!

hh

lonewolfe

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
My apologies Anthony.
Had mandatory overtime at the last minute at work... believe me I wasn't happy. We had a hell of a week at the rock field tho. I found 8 whole points, 1 knife, 1 drill. 3 broken axes. My little brother went with me one day and the little snot found a 10 1/2 inch by 6 1/2 inch 14 lb Green Granite Axe. Biggest one I"ve ever seen. Amazing what the field is producing. My grandpa found 2 other axes and a beautiful 4 inch Etly point. ... So that's 3 whole axes 3 broken axes.. 9 whole points... and 2 drills in 5 days of hunting... It was amazing!. That axe is unreal.
Those are some nice points you purchased, If all else fails you, alan and me should get together somewhere and just show our points off.
it'd be a good time.

HH

Steven

OP
OP
badandy

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
Monday and Wed. are my best times to come up to Jerseyville. Let me know what week and I'll be there bud! I'm going to need you to take me to that field of yours, blindfolded if needs be. LOL!

oberkill

Aug 12, 2005
Nice points! I was at the show but was not sure which table you were. Felt kinda weird to just randomly go up to people and ask them if they were "badandy"!!! lol I probably saw you there and you may have seen me, I was there with my 8 year old daughter in the bright colored coat. I would like to check out some of your guys points in person some time as well. I dont have anything too interesting compared to your stuff though. :) Maybe you can identify a couple of things to a time period for me. I didnt have much luck with that at the show. Mostly just scrappers and broken points to work with though. Just let me know when is a good time and I'm there!

Alan

krimic

Mar 28, 2005
Metro East, Illinois
Nice looking points there! Why buy them though? With all the luck you have finding points you couldn't of just found them? :) Anyways congrats on the new points hope you had more fun on Sat than I did at the OG... Later, Kris

R

rvbvetter

Nice points!! I miss hunting for them, like I use to in northern calif. Especially after a rain. When they would be just laying there and shining at me. HH

OP
OP
badandy

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
krimic said:
Nice looking points there!? Why buy them though?? With all the luck you have finding points you couldn't of just found them?? :) Anyways congrats on the new points hope you had more fun on Sat than I did at the OG...? Later, Kris

Hey Krimic,
I only buy the ones I can't seem to find.
oberkill said:
Nice points!? I was at the show but was not sure which table you were.? Felt kinda weird to just randomly go up to people and ask them if they were "badandy"!!!? lol? I probably saw you there and you may have seen me, I was there with my 8 year old daughter in the bright colored coat.? I would like to check out some of your guys points in person some time as well.? I dont have anything too interesting compared to your stuff though.? :)? Maybe you can identify a couple of things to a time period for me.? I didnt have much luck with that at the show.? Mostly just scrappers and broken points to work with though.? Just let me know when is a good time and I'm there!

Alan

Hey Alan,
I was the last table on the right side agains't the windows. That's O.K. though there is a show on Dec. 3 down in the ozark area, but I more than likly wont go to another one until Collinsville in March.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread