Hit a new"Old" spot today... Nice selection of Civil War Relics

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
Hit a new"Old" spot today... Nice selection of Civil War Relics

I was a little burned outof hunting the cellar hole.. so I went backover to where MonkeyBoy Jr dug the cartridge Box plate last week and started hunting the yard of the housethat is near by... did ok.. first and second things I dug were the knapsack hook and the scabbard tip, my second from this spot.. after that is was all three ringers.. I did get one .69, two carved ones and a melted one.. all and all a pretty good day!! Also got a silver dime and a buff... being a house siteand all...

Monkeyboy

Attachments

• group.jpg
    group.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 568
  • carved1.jpg
    carved1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 562
  • carved2.jpg
    carved2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 555
  • melted.jpg
    melted.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 564
Upvote 0

JimBeHuntin'

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2007
Down East North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (As of 10/2011)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Hit a new"Old" spot today... Nice selection of Civil War Relics

Nice hunt ... not as good as JR. did, but still a good day!

Peeber

Mar 18, 2009
Indiana

MonkeyBoy said:
I did get one .69, two carved ones and a melted ones all and all a pretty good day!! Also got a silver dime and a buff... being a ouse site and all...

Monkeyboy

I think we are going to have to re think many of the bullets found that we call "carved". I was shooting .22s at my cabin in the woods once and dropped an unfired cartridge on the porch. I didn't notice it till next week or so when I returned. The mice had eaten half the the lead bullet away and the tooth marks look just like those marks on the bullets shown and others listed as carved. Of course it doesn't make it any less of a find. Hope I have a chance to find some someday!

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i

JimBeHuntin' said:
Nice hunt ... not as good as JR. did, but still a good day!

I know!!! The bar has been set pretty high by my boy this year!!! I don't think I'll be able to top that one!! I have only dug one plate with a markers mark in 20 years!!! Hmm.. think I'll just follow him around form now on. Also, I am trying to get my spectrum working... time for him to just using a better machine... Heck.. he might get my DFX when I pony up for the Vision.. ;-)

MB

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil

nice as usuall

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gotta love those "NEW" old hot spots ;D ;D :wink: :wink:

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i

Peeber said:
MonkeyBoy said:
I did get one .69, two carved ones and a melted ones all and all a pretty good day!! Also got a silver dime and a buff... being a ouse site and all...

Monkeyboy

I think we are going to have to re think many of the bullets found that we call "carved". I was shooting .22s at my cabin in the woods once and dropped an unfired cartridge on the porch. I didn't notice it till next week or so when I returned. The mice had eaten half the the lead bullet away and the tooth marks look just like those marks on the bullets shown and others listed as carved. Of course it doesn't make it any less of a find. Hope I have a chance to find some someday!

You know.. I went back and looked at these.. you might be right.. what looked like cuts from a knife might be tiny little teeth marks on one of them... weird!! I guess mice will chew on anything!!

Finman

Mar 21, 2009
Seymour, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab - Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MB, Looks as if you've found another sweet spot to hunt, Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

HH Joe

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550

Looks like you had a very good hunt MonkeyBoy,Congrats on all of the lead.I like the big 69
they are getting harder to find in my area.Keep hunting that site just maybe you can get a plate
as well as MonkeyBoy Jr.Keep the pics coming :thumbsup:

fortbball9

.:WoRmKiLleR:.

Mar 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 5ID

nice finds wtg

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Nice dig's Mark....I was going to call you Sunday but got caught up in some yard work.Nice selection is right :thumbsup:

wyattrr

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2008
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice Digs as always...It's cool to have your little one beat you. Especially when you teach them the ropes...Bet you had a proud daddy moment and then a few select words under your breathe. Congrats to you both and HH

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i

wyattrr said:
Nice Digs as always...It's cool to have your little one beat you. Especially when you teach them the ropes...Bet you had a proud daddy moment and then a few select words under your breathe. Congrats to you both and HH

Ha! yeah.... heck i was more excited then he was at first... then I think it really hit him what he found!! I did get a plate out of that are a few weeks ago.. so it's all good!!

MB

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland

Looks like another good site for you!
Congratulations!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread