A few Buttons and Relics from last couple hunts (mostly late 1700s)

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to a few of my heavily hunted sites and went into super slow motion detecting mode and the results were great for spots that have been hit rather hard by me previously. I was hoping to get a Half Real at the sites, but to no avail this time. No coins to be had at all. (must mention these sites produced quite a bit of copper and silver over the years).

So, I was pleasantly surprised with the high number of buttons and few relics that had eluded me previously, nothing special but a high number of Tombacs and only two buttons have any backmarks, one is a late 1790s button marked PLATED, but it is in a cartouche so I am certain it is 1790s most likely. The other backmarked button only had the quality words of BEST GILT, and that was found yesterday at the Tallyo site that has produced numerous early 1800 artifacts.

Of interest is the suspender clip I found on Friday, it is still in working order, and not quite sure of the age, but it is in excellent condition. The other novelty from that old site is the very large 36mm design button that was purposely folded into a funnel like shape, purpose?? who knows, but not done by accident.

The 3 pronged item, not sure if from old suspenders or shoe or other clothing fastener, it most likely was suspender clip part but just not sure. Overall some good digging, and more buttons from worked sites than I expected. My son was with me yesterday and he got 6 buttons and some pewter spoon parts.

Don

Attachments

• Suspenderclip.jpg
    Suspenderclip.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 518
  • two design buttons.jpg
    two design buttons.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 522
  • PLATED.jpg
    PLATED.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 534
  • April17FindsSite199.jpg